For a business trip to University of Florida, I was put up at the Reitz Union Hotel. Overall I was thrilled with the convenience to campus, although accessing the parking lot was the most confusing thing ever.
+ FANTASTIC location at the UF student union, close to Engineering buildings, lots of dining on-site
+ Very quiet and secure (and I was there during Homecoming week, too!)
+ Ample parking, free
+ Friendly and helpful students staff the front desk 24/7
+ Spacious rooms with comfortable desk, modern amenities, minifridge
+ Very well-lit; bathrooms are very bright
+ Very clean, modern, well-maintained
- Parking is RIDICULOUS. It's so complicated to get from the rooms to the parking lot, or vice versa, that the front desk gives out a two-page instruction manual on how to do this.
- Pillows were way too puffy, and the bed a little springy for my liking
- The toilet was only about a foot and a half tall -- very awkward
- Could use more accessible power outlets
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the center of the University of Florida campus, the Reitz Union Hotel offers comfortable and affordable accommodations for the entire UF community. Located atop the UF student union, our 36 rooms come in various configurations from a standard room with 2 double beds to 2 room suites. We offer a convenient campus location, free local telephone calls, complimentary continental breakfast, free Wi-Fi Internet, in-room refrigerators and reserved campus parking. ... more less