Stayed here one night while visiting UF. Hotel is right on campus in the Reitz Union Student Union building.
- clean room with spacious balcony and view of UF stadium
- comfortable beds and pillows
- excellent location if visiting UF
- parking is free
- includes continental breakfast (but was limited with only coffee, juice, bagels, and yogurt)
- lots of food choices in the Student Union (Starbucks, market with frozen yogurt and sushi, Panda Express, salads, subs, etc.)
- staff are very helpful and friendly
- parking is confusing but that really can't be helped
Tip: Don't try to park in the parking garage before checking in. Park out front in the 1/2 circle loading zone in front of the Reitz Union, go in to the desk to check in, You may want to unload your luggage before parking in the garage -- there are ramps and elevators from the front loading area to your room. If you go to the parking garage first, you'll have to carry your luggage up a flight of stairs.
Note: students do not have access to the hotel floors. You must use your room key in the elevator to access the hotel floors.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the center of the University of Florida campus, the Reitz Union Hotel offers comfortable and affordable accommodations for the entire UF community. Located atop the UF student union, our 36 rooms come in various configurations from a standard room with 2 double beds to 2 room suites. We offer a convenient campus location, free local telephone calls, complimentary continental breakfast, free Wi-Fi Internet, in-room refrigerators and reserved campus parking. ... more less