“EXCELLENT, A MUST STAY AT HOTEL” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites University/Shands

Sleep Inn & Suites University/Shands
Ranked #8 of 45 Hotels in Gainesville
Hahira, Georgia
“EXCELLENT, A MUST STAY AT HOTEL”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2011

The Staff was EXCELLENT,When it was raining ,one of the staff at front desk went and got my truck for me,,how nice ,my husban was in gainesville to go to va hosp ,to have heart tmt, and the staff ask ask how he was doing , they made us feel right at home ,close to va hosp, and food places,great hot breakfest ,,clean room,s and great staff,,, and we thank you

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank humpelnavy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Stuart, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2011

We were presented with the General manager's personal cell phone number at the beginning of the stay in case anything happened and we needed to talk to him. Where have you ever been to a hotel where anyone cared enough to give you their personal cell phone to use. The letter told us to call 24 hours a day if we needed him. I was amazed. The staff was great. The hotel was wonderful. The breakfast had sausage gravy, biscuits, waffles, hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon and more. The hotel was the best hotel I have stayed at in a long time.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank ihdagryhnd
Hainesport, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2011

The employees were friendly and helpful. We were pleased with the cleanliness of the entire building and our room. The continental breakfast was the best we have ever had at a motel. We would recommend this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank tech_11
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2010

This new Sleep Inn is a great deal and is next to I-75. There is tons of shopping near by. Lots of restaurants as well. The rooms are very nice and the breakfast is not what you would expect at a Sleep Inn: the usual plus scrambled eggs, bacon, boiled eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GatorFan49, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites University/Shands, responded to this review, January 29, 2011
Thanks for taking time to acknowledge the extras you get at our Sleep Inn with the expanded breakfast and the new condition of our property. We look forward to having you stay agin the next time your are back in Gainesville.
Pensacola
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2010

I am going to stay at this hotel from now on. My daughter attends the University of Florida, so I will be making trips down to see her. This hotel went beyond my expectations with the roominess of the hotel suite and bathroom, cleanliness of the room, breakfast served, and hospitality of the staff. Excellent accommodations for anyone whether you are traveling for business or planning a get-a-way vacation with the kids.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2010

This was my first time staying at a Sleep Inn & Suites. I really enjoyed it. I was here on business. The staff were very friendly but what impressed me even more was how clean it was. I would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
West Point, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2010

We had an emergency and had to stay over in Gainesville. By some miracle we chose to stay at the Sleep Inn. It rivals some 5 star hotels I have stayed in. It is super clean. The room was nicely appointed and the bathroom was huge, by hotel/motel standards. The staff went out of their way to help us. (we had been in a 15 car pileup on I-75) They looked up addresses and phone numbers. The manager offered to drive me to car rental shops and the tow yard to get things from my now demolished car. They catered to my 2 year old grandson. He thought he was a prince by the time we left. I don't know that I can ever repay their kindness to us. If you guys are reading this thanks a million. You made an unbearable situation so much better. 5 million stars to you!!!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family