“Clean, comfortable, convenient”

Ranked #8 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
St. Louis, MO
“Clean, comfortable, convenient”
Reviewed August 3, 2009

I needed a place to stay in Gainesville while my mother had surgery at Shands Hospital. After reviewing my options on Trip Advisor, I chose Sleep Inn and Suites near I-75. It was about 4 miles from the hospital, but was a quick drive down a major street. The hotel is completely non-smoking which reduced the risk of having a stale smokey smell in the room. I had a king size bed with 5 fluffy pillows...very comfortable. I did not have a suite, but the room was large, with a walk in shower. The staff was pleasant and allowed me to have a late check out time each day until I knew whether I would need another night or not depending on my mothers status. Breakfast was adequate, served in a nice room, but the afternoon cookies were far above adequate....superb. I would highly recommend this facility.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
MIA
Reviewed August 2, 2009

Was on our way home from TN & we were tired so we looked in the coupon magazine for a place to stay. We chose Sleep Inn because of the reviews on here. Thanks they were all right. The check in person was super nice. The place was spotless & the beds comfortable. The breakfast was great it is an extended continental. All the staff was super courteous & helpfull. I would not consider staying anywhere else if going to the area again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Boca Raton, FL
Reviewed July 15, 2009

Reserved here because of what other Trip advisor members said--and it's all true. We stayed in three hotels around the state during our trip (all near colleges, to check them out for our son), and this was by far the nicest--though no more expensive. Everything is very clean, the staff is great, and the breakfast (including scrambled eggs, waffles, fruit and yogurt, in addition to pastries and such) was great.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Tampa, FL
Reviewed June 27, 2009

We stayed here while in Gainesville for medical reasons. The first night, we stayed somewhere else and it was AWFUL. We booked the Sleep Inn based on reviews here, and it was a night-and-day difference.

To start, we were allowed to check in rather early, after they ensured that the room was clean. This was notable because there was a large convention in town, so they were fully booked, but at no time were we made to feel like we were being troublesome. After a horrid night before at a different establishment, we paid a little extra to get one of the rooms with a 2-person jacuzzi tub. The tub was very nice to relax in after a long day and not much sleep the night before.

The room was spotlessly clean and well-stocked. We had plenty of towels and pillows. The room had a fridge and microwave, both of which were operational and very clean. The flat-screen TV was very nice. We called for a roll-away bed (they have air mattresses, actually) and it was delivered quickly and by an extremely friendly guy, who also brought all the necessary linens and another pillow, and made sure we didn't need anything else before he left.

The king-size bed was very comfortable, and the room was very quiet, particularly for being on the ground floor.

The breakfast was great - cereal, toast, oatmeal, eggs, biscuits, gravy, waffles, yogurt...pretty much anything you'd expect to find at a well-stocked serve-yourself breakfast setup. The breakfast area was clean, and staff were on-hand to make sure it was replenished quickly.

If we ever have need for lodging in Gainesville again, this will be our first choice.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 21, 2009

We stayed at this hotel while my daughter was at a basketball camp. I was working during the day in the hotel room. I never had an issue with the wireless internet which was a great benefit.

I used the fitness room each day during my lunch break. There was just a treadmill, elliptical, and bike in the room but it was just what I needed.

Although I never used the pool it looked nice and it was clean. It was small though but adequate for the number of people that would stay at the hotel at a given time.

The free breakfast was good with scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, biscuits and gravy, waffles, bagels, bread, muffins, cereal, coffee, and juice.

Everything was clean. The staff was friendly. There were even cookies put out in the afternoon.

I'll definitely stay here again next year if we go to Gainesville for the basket ball camp. It isn't the closest hotel to campus but it still was only 10 - 15 minutes away.

Reviewed June 17, 2009

Native Floridian here.........Spent some family staycation time in Gainesville. Hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly and professional.The room was clean and I liked that the bathroom was large with a lot of counter space, even after the coffee maker and the ice bucket was set on it. The looby boasted great fresh baked cookies in the afternoon. The pool was very small but nice and clean. The morning breakfast had make your own waffles, boiled and scrambled eggs. They had a host of other items and overall, it was a pretty good breakfast with a cheerful attendant. They ran out of milk, and when my son asked for more, he was told it would be at least 45 minutes befor they could provide more. The hotel is less than 2 blocks from a Publix and other stores, so I was hard pressed to accept that excuse. We went to breakfast around 8am. The thermostat in our room was either not working correctly or did not enough include instructions on how to use it. There was a window unit and a thermostat in the room. We could not set either for the 68 degrees we like. It stayed on 75 degrees unless we left it on without a temperature set. It was so late at night when we got back to the room we did not want to call maintenance.We had to get up in the middle of the night because it got too cold, so we knew something was wrong with it. Even with blankets in June, it was freezing cold in the room and the thermostat still read 75 degrees. We left a work order for it at the desk. We are used to Hampton Inn and I still like the hotel because it was clean, spacious and the staff was very friendly. Yes, I would stay at the Gainesville location again, but I would make sure I know how to program the thermostat before I went to bed though.

New Hampshire
Reviewed June 11, 2009

Good clean basic hotel. The facility is fairly new and the rooms are still being broken in. Rooms were large, modern, clean and well stocked. The beds were comfortable.

We did not partake in the complimentary breakfast, although it looked fine from a distance. We opted to go to Bob Evans for a more complete breakfast experience.

The staff at the front desk were professional and efficient. We had a reservation before arriving and everything was ready for us when we arrived.

The swimming pool and outdoor seating area were clean and adequate. There are luggage carts for those of us who do not travel lightly.

Location is convenient to everything in Gainesville. It is very close to I-75 and is a short drive to the Univ of Florida.

Great value!