“Excellent”

Sleep Inn & Suites University/Shands
Ranked #9 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stopped with our travel trailer to send the night. As we were leaving our truck broke down. Ended up staying 3 nights. Staff and manager were great. The motel, rooms and grounds were very clean. The breakfast attendant was exceptional. Would recommend this stop for anyone.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Had to come to Gainesville for my aunts memorial service, we chose this hotel based on ratings and price and was definitely not disappointed. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful, when we told the front desk why we were there they allowed us to check out at 2pm instead of 11am because they knew we were going to be out late with family. Room was very nice and clean. I would definitely stay here again and I think it should be rated higher than it is. Probably the best hotel I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised how nice the hotel was. Service was great and friendly. The breakfast was delicious and had a variety of choices. Nothing negative to says out this hotel. I would stay in this sleep inn again.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Stopped on our way to Orlando. Great Sleep Inn. Rooms are clean and well furnished. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was well stocked and abundant. Attendant even offered to make waffles for us. That was a new first. Good locations with easy access.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2014

My husband & stayed on a Friday night at this hotel. The room was very nice, clean, no complaints. However, being a light sleeper, the ac/heat unit was loud. Big shower. Didn't eat breakfast at the hotel but at Cracker Barrel next door. We arrived home that night, & there was a message from the hotel that I had left my sweater on the bed. The girl was very pleasant & made arrangements to send it to me, & I received it a week later.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2014

A group of us had a room with 2 queens for a night and everything was great. The room had the 3 extra pillows I had requested weeks earlier when I booked the room and the attendant at the front desk let me know he was willing to give us more if we needed them. The rooms were clean and modern, beds were very comfortable, and the shower had great pressure and steamy hot water. The location is very near shopping and some popular restaurants. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank relyeamichael
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

This by no means is a 4-star hotel. But it does deserve a Trip Advisor 5 rating for price, cleanliness and consistency. I knew returning here would be as decent of a visit as last year. Clean rooms, convenient location and above average continental breakfast. The breakfast staff was fantastic. They even made our Belgian waffles for us ;) it's the little acts of kindness that go a long way....staff is friendly. I paid almost 3x the rate at a similar hotel in another region of FL and the accommodations were no better. I highly recommend this hotel. Only negative is the workout room is teenie-tiny. Oh well, go for an outdoor run...

Stayed: February 2014