“Second Visit”

Sleep Inn & Suites University/Shands
Ranked #7 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

This by no means is a 4-star hotel. But it does deserve a Trip Advisor 5 rating for price, cleanliness and consistency. I knew returning here would be as decent of a visit as last year. Clean rooms, convenient location and above average continental breakfast. The breakfast staff was fantastic. They even made our Belgian waffles for us ;) it's the little acts of kindness that go a long way....staff is friendly. I paid almost 3x the rate at a similar hotel in another region of FL and the accommodations were no better. I highly recommend this hotel. Only negative is the workout room is teenie-tiny. Oh well, go for an outdoor run...

Stayed: February 2014

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I took a group of 50 retired individuals to see a performance at the UF Phillips Center. Our check-In for 50 people was the smoothest I have ever encountered. The Hotel Manager and his staff were professional, pleasant and certainly out to please. Hotel was clean, safe, very comfortable. The amazing part was the full breakfast and the young man who wanted to make sure he pleased just about everyone. You cannot beat the price for the service. Our group intends to return next year or whenever we are in Gainesville.

Room Tip: There are some rooms that have Hot Tubs.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I would have paid $40 more a night and been happy with this motel. But value plus comfort plus amenities makes it a five star. The bonus is the staff, particularly the guy at breakfast, who was the friendliest and most helpful I've yet to run into. Based on this experience, I will reevaluate SleepInn in the future, a brand I would have otherwise passed on.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank suchesitis
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I would recommend this hotel. We have stayed there two years in a row. The staff bends over backwards to do anything they can to assist you. They have fresh popcorn and cookies in the lobby. The rooms are simple and clean. And there are plenty of restaurants and shops nearby. If I visit Gainesville again, I will make a reservation here.

Room Tip: I personally like to stay in rooms away from the elevator and ice machine because they are quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank stemardoyle
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I came in town late with no reservation and stopped in with hopes of finding an affordable room for the evening. I was greeted with a smile and such sweet/amazinf service (and a cookie) before quickly heading to my room. Thank you Taylor! The next morning before heading off to my business meeting I utilized the fitness room then enjoyed a yummy breakfast with the same great service I experienced upon check-in. Demetri gets an A+ for customer service. Checking out was no except to what I had experienced during my stay as Lacey quickly, professionally and with a smile got me checked out and on my way.
Thank you all for your outstanding CUSTOMER service!

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor and couldn't have asked for a better room. There wasn't a "...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Ricki M
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

This was an OK property but needs a bit of care. Bathroom ceiling needed painting, A/C loud, elevator was pretty rough riding. Nice breakfast room and good assortment. Convenient to interstate. I would stay here again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank rivrman
GatorFan49, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites University/Shands, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Bruce Cribbs
GM
Sleep Inn & Suites Universty/Shands
352-316-6311

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I chose this hotel mainly because I had points to use. From check-in to check-out we were treated like royalty. Taylor, at the front desk, was pleasant and helpful. There were assorted cookies in the lobby. The room was spotless and nicely decorated. I slept so well that I had to ask what brand the mattress and pillow were. There was no noise from the hallways indicating good insulation. The following morning we had complimentary breakfast which included eggs, meat, waffles and many other delightful goodies. The breakfast host said good morning to everyone and actively assisted with the waffle maker and directing people to what they needed. We will stay here again when we are in the area.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor which may have been more recently updated. The carpet appeared very recentl...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple