“They pay attention to detail.”

Sleep Inn & Suites University/Shands
Ranked #7 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Business center is good, small exercise room is good. Popcorn and Cookies are good. You have the manager's cell phone 24/7. A great experience. I would definetly stay here again. I was able to personally speak to the manager and inform him of the great customer service that I received.

Room Tip: Every room is good
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank fwilde

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were very pleased with the level of service at this hotel. The check in staff was helpful, but the real treat was the free breakfast attendant. He was so attentive that it felt like full service dining for our extended family with many children. I was also pleased to learn about the game shuttle. The rooms were clean and pleasant. The price was right and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kdeangelo
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is a great hotel for game day! Close to campus and they run shuttle's to the game to make it easy. Also, the staff is VERY helpful and are accommodating to large groups staying there. This was my first stay here, and will be back!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Brad J
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This was my first stay at a Sleep Inn and honestly was a little concerned. I have to say, I'm quite shocked at the hotel, the customer service, price and location. All of the above mentioned were exceptional! I would stay here again and recommend this hotel to anyone. Taylor at the front desk was outstanding, friendly and extremely helpful. I am considering moving to Gainesville and Taylor went out of her way to offer information that was greatly appreciated. Our room was great, slept well, and it was clean. The breakfast was much better than what my daughter is used to at other hotels! Great job staff?

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Staying here tonight for a procedure at Shands tomorrow. Right off the 384 exit. Not far from the hospital (10 minute drive). They also give hospital discounts. Great price, nice place. Seems well kept, room is clean and comfortable. Has HBO, free wifi. Breakfast in the a.m. which I will not be allowed to eat, is free. Also there were cookies and popcorn in the lobby this evening for guests. Check in was easy, took like 3 minutes total. Definitely will be staying again for other upcoming procedures.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I travel back and forth from NY to Florida 2 or 3 times a year. Before I came to this place, I stayed at 3 other hotels--two more expensive, one cheaper, and all highly rated by reviewers. I wrote my first Tripadvisor review on the cheaper place. I wish it could have been a good one, but I gave it 2 stars when so many others had given it 4. Well, maybe a good rate impressed them. The other two were better, but one of them was a little dirty for my taste.

This Sleep Inn was the best of the lot, by far. The rate was good, but that's not enough for me at this point in life. I like a clean and comfortable room, and am willing to pay a bit more for one. That was not necessary here. For me, It's not just about the value, its about my comfort. I've stayed at 5 star resorts, and without exageration, this place competes with them. (OK, no casino in this one ;)

I stayed two nights in a large room, scrupulously clean, and quiet. The staff was fine. Other guests were pleasant and friendly--I figure they must have been happy with their stay as well. Add to this the low rate, and the value becomes outstanding.

Room Tip: No bathtub, a walk in shower. No wake up calls. You get an alarm clock in your room. Fridge had n...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at the hotel several time in the last year. In the last month alone we have spent ten nights. Our experience with each stay was excellent and we have never had a negative experience. All of the staff from house cleaning to the front desk have been attentive and more than helpful. The rooms are exceptionally clean and the breakfast bar is well stocked and appetizing. The hotel is convenient to UF Shands. In short Sleep Inn is a great place to stay while in Gainesville.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business