“Great place for Game Day!”

Sleep Inn & Suites University/Shands
Ranked #7 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Sarasota
“Great place for Game Day!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is a great hotel for game day! Close to campus and they run shuttle's to the game to make it easy. Also, the staff is VERY helpful and are accommodating to large groups staying there. This was my first stay here, and will be back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Brad J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Estero, Florida
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This was my first stay at a Sleep Inn and honestly was a little concerned. I have to say, I'm quite shocked at the hotel, the customer service, price and location. All of the above mentioned were exceptional! I would stay here again and recommend this hotel to anyone. Taylor at the front desk was outstanding, friendly and extremely helpful. I am considering moving to Gainesville and Taylor went out of her way to offer information that was greatly appreciated. Our room was great, slept well, and it was clean. The breakfast was much better than what my daughter is used to at other hotels! Great job staff?

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Staying here tonight for a procedure at Shands tomorrow. Right off the 384 exit. Not far from the hospital (10 minute drive). They also give hospital discounts. Great price, nice place. Seems well kept, room is clean and comfortable. Has HBO, free wifi. Breakfast in the a.m. which I will not be allowed to eat, is free. Also there were cookies and popcorn in the lobby this evening for guests. Check in was easy, took like 3 minutes total. Definitely will be staying again for other upcoming procedures.

• Stayed August 2013
Beverly Hills, Florida
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I travel back and forth from NY to Florida 2 or 3 times a year. Before I came to this place, I stayed at 3 other hotels--two more expensive, one cheaper, and all highly rated by reviewers. I wrote my first Tripadvisor review on the cheaper place. I wish it could have been a good one, but I gave it 2 stars when so many others had given it 4. Well, maybe a good rate impressed them. The other two were better, but one of them was a little dirty for my taste.

This Sleep Inn was the best of the lot, by far. The rate was good, but that's not enough for me at this point in life. I like a clean and comfortable room, and am willing to pay a bit more for one. That was not necessary here. For me, It's not just about the value, its about my comfort. I've stayed at 5 star resorts, and without exageration, this place competes with them. (OK, no casino in this one ;)

I stayed two nights in a large room, scrupulously clean, and quiet. The staff was fine. Other guests were pleasant and friendly--I figure they must have been happy with their stay as well. Add to this the low rate, and the value becomes outstanding.

Room Tip: No bathtub, a walk in shower. No wake up calls. You get an alarm clock in your room. Fridge had n...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Waycross, Georgia
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at the hotel several time in the last year. In the last month alone we have spent ten nights. Our experience with each stay was excellent and we have never had a negative experience. All of the staff from house cleaning to the front desk have been attentive and more than helpful. The rooms are exceptionally clean and the breakfast bar is well stocked and appetizing. The hotel is convenient to UF Shands. In short Sleep Inn is a great place to stay while in Gainesville.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Boynton Beach Florida
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is located in the very same area as the other hotels mentioned in the top 3, and they cost $25.00 more on average. This was an obvious choice driven by competitive rates. I stayed 2 separate nights. One king suite, the other king room. Both excellent in cleanliness, a/c, comfort.

• Stayed July 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My wife and I were pleased. Easy to book, easy to find. Excellent service at front desk upon arrival, and at breakfast the next day. I read the other reviews before starting mine, and I'm sticking with an overall "4". We didn't see the problems others described. Hopefully they were corrected and we weren't just lucky. Everything was clean, everything worked properly. We got this room on Choice Privileges and I thought it might be second-rate, but again, no negatives.
Breakfast was fresh and good. They didn't run out of anything. Breakfast service was excellent. That attendant did his job with a sense of ownership.

Room Tip: Hotel sits square to I-75 so you want a room to the left (toward 40th, the side street you enter fro...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple