“Another great swim meet in Gainesville thanks to Sleep Inn”

Sleep Inn & Suites University/Shands
Ranked #8 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Sun City Center, Florida
“Another great swim meet in Gainesville thanks to Sleep Inn”
Reviewed July 12, 2011

This Sleep Inn is awesome. The staff makes you feel right at home and the facility is great. And the breakfast choices go over and beyond most others.

Room Tip: Our handicap room was great.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Hatteras, NC
Reviewed July 12, 2011

We had a family gathering from July 7 th to July 11, 2011 in Gainesville. When we booked our reservations, we asked about traveling from the Gainesville Airport to the Inn. ROXANNE CRIBS, the Guest Service Manager, not only gave us all wonderful room's to stay in at very fair rates, SHE EVEN OFFERED TO COME TO THE AIRPORT TO PICK US UP !!! How GREAT SHE IS !!!!!

We will definitely be coming back..

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
USA
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Great location, but be careful, the hotel's parent website says to travel north on I-75 from the airport, you actually need to travel south. Hopefully that website error will be corrected. The hotel has a very good breakfast selection as well.

Only one person on the staff, I interacted with, failed to meet my expected level of professionalism - all the other staff members were outstanding! Hat tip to those people.

The room however was a disappointment, the corner behind the chair with the standing lamp, had a thick layer of grey dust, paper and food debris littered the corner next to the refrigerator. The corners in the bathroom had so much hair, I got on my hands and knees to clean the floor before I allowed my daughter in the bathroom. The front desk lady, upon checkout, was notified of the problems. I'm not a complainer, I've slept in far worse conditions, but felt management should be made aware. I was contacted by the hotel manager who was determined to ensure the problem would not happen again. I was quite surprised by the sincere concern shown by the manager and front desk lady, and due to this would be willing to give the hotel another stay next time I'm in the area. Everyone has a bad day every now and then....even the cleaning crew.

1 Thank SFC31B
Mississippi
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed at this property during the recent baseball super regionals held at the University of Florida. We were very pleased with all aspects of our stay. The motel is very clean, all staff that we encountered were so friendly and helpful. Motel is probably less than 5 miles from the university...a very easy drive though. It is close to many restaurants and right off the interstate. If we ever return to the Gainesville area, we would definitely stay here again. The only problem I encountered was the internet service was fairly slow. But they do offer a couple of computers in the business center. Did not try them....might have been better in there than it is in the rooms.

Palm City, Florida
Reviewed June 13, 2011

My daughter and I were in Gainesville to visit my husband who is a patient in Shands hospital. It was an extremely busy weekend and when we called for reservations to another hotel where we usually stay they were sold out. We called several others and got the same response. Finally we found one that was quite pricey but we grabbed it thinking we had no other options. As we were driving to our hotel we spotted the Sleep Inn and thought we would check there to see if they had any rooms. They did and for $50 less than the one we had reserved. Needless to say we quickly canceled the first hotel and booked a room at the Sleep Inn. My daughter was beginning to panic a bit because she needed to login to start an class on line. Before we even said anything the wonderful front desk clerk, Roxanne was already searching for a room for us. It was only noon and check in time was 3pm so we thought this was so thoughtful. Well, they didn't have a regular room ready but they did have a suite upgrade for no extra cost! Imagine that! Thank you so much Roxanne. You went over and beyond. My daughter was able to start her class and I was able to get to the hospital and visit with my husband. We will be back!

Room Tip: Hospital rates
Navarre, Florida
Reviewed June 4, 2011

I was impressed with the cleanliness and quality of the hotel, and the staff was very helpful, especially Marc, who went out of his way to make sure my family and I were taken care of. Great job Marc!!

1 Thank okibum
Reviewed June 4, 2011

Staying here was wonderful from beginning to end. the desk person couldn't have been more helpful or polite. The room was exceptionally clean. The bed was comfortable. Location was convenient to a number of restaurants and route 95. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011