“Good Japanese Steakhouse. Go Hungry, and Leave Stuffed!”

Yamato Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #272 of 576 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Florida
“Good Japanese Steakhouse. Go Hungry, and Leave Stuffed!”
Reviewed November 6, 2011

I eat here approximately 2 times a month for lunch and/or dinner. The best value is the tepanyaki selections, where a chef cooks in front of the guests. I typically order the chicken, which comes with a salad, soup, vegetables, rice and noodles. Just a word of caution...the tepanyaki style of cooking is very popular at this restaurant, so make sure to get there early and give yourself plenty of time to enjoy the entertainment while the chef prepares your meal. Also, if you dont want to be thirsty after dinner, make sure to ask the chef to bypass the extra sauces sauce on your meal, as they tend to be heavy handed on salt/soy/sweet sauces when cooking the meats and vegetables.

New Jersey
“Always excellent!”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Food is plentiful and delicious! Steak and shrimp melt in your mouth. And the Chefs are wonderful showmen as well. Fun experience. Great if you're looking to celebrate a memorable event or occasion.

Visited May 2011
Lake City, Florida
“Wow...Was That A Good Lunch”
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Found Yamoto Japanese Steakhouse on Trip Advisor this morning before leaving for a fun day in Gainesville with some of my girlfriends. Base on the recommendations of other "Foodies" who blog on this website I thought we would give it a chance. We were NOT DISAPPOINTED ! Lunch was great and so was the company of the other diners at our table. The chef put on a great show and only to be outdone by the great food he created on that grill. Not only was it delicious but very inexpensive. My chicken lunch that included soup, salad, rice and vegies was only $8.45 inclucing tax.
We all left there saying that We Will BE Back!

• Visited October 2011
Chandler, Arizona
“Great Sushi, acceptable prices.”
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I love love Yamatos. I have been to many sushi places and Japanesse restaurants because I love their food. I must say that Yamatos has the best Crab Salad ever and they serve the best fried rice also. I could go to have only the crab salad and the fried rice. The sushi is also great and the show is entertaining as well. I recommend this restaurant. I have visited Yamatos many many times and It is always a pleasure to eat there plus I think they have reasonable prices for the sushi bar. The Yamatos in Ocala is way better than the one in Gainesville, but they voth offer good food.

• Visited September 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
“Yummy!”
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I love thiplace and its always a staple for me and my family on birthday celebrations!