“Always excellent!”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Food is plentiful and delicious! Steak and shrimp melt in your mouth. And the Chefs are wonderful showmen as well. Fun experience. Great if you're looking to celebrate a memorable event or occasion.

Reviewed October 13, 2011

Found Yamoto Japanese Steakhouse on Trip Advisor this morning before leaving for a fun day in Gainesville with some of my girlfriends. Base on the recommendations of other "Foodies" who blog on this website I thought we would give it a chance. We were NOT DISAPPOINTED ! Lunch was great and so was the company of the other diners at our table. The chef put on a great show and only to be outdone by the great food he created on that grill. Not only was it delicious but very inexpensive. My chicken lunch that included soup, salad, rice and vegies was only $8.45 inclucing tax.
We all left there saying that We Will BE Back!

Reviewed September 25, 2011

I love love Yamatos. I have been to many sushi places and Japanesse restaurants because I love their food. I must say that Yamatos has the best Crab Salad ever and they serve the best fried rice also. I could go to have only the crab salad and the fried rice. The sushi is also great and the show is entertaining as well. I recommend this restaurant. I have visited Yamatos many many times and It is always a pleasure to eat there plus I think they have reasonable prices for the sushi bar. The Yamatos in Ocala is way better than the one in Gainesville, but they voth offer good food.

Reviewed September 20, 2011

I love thiplace and its always a staple for me and my family on birthday celebrations!

Reviewed September 2, 2011

Great food! Great atmosphere! Great chef's! Great service! A little pricey, but hey, most Japanese steakhouses are.