“Spent a lovely evening at the Rose Plantation.”

The Rose Plantation
Reserve a Table
Fri, 4/3
8:00 PM
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Five of us had a marvelous evening at the Rose Plantation. The table was in a location that we could see the lovely view of the lake. I had been before and sit on the porch which I liked for the just two of us.
My guests had not been before so they were very pleased with our choice of wine and dinner.
Staff was excellent.
We were celebrating a birthday so had two different desserts. I again ordered their special banana pudding pie, BUT I really would not order again. There is toooo much whipped cream and hard to find the pudding. Looks beautiful but it is to sweet.
If I come back to the Villages I will be sure and go there.

Date of visit: February 2020
Write a reviewReviews (290)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I enjoyed lunch with a large group of friends. The blueberry grilled cheese sandwich was wonderful and the banana cream pie creamy and delicious.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Enjoyable evening with friends- scallops were great as was 1/2 rack of lamb. My snapper special was a huge portion and very delicious. The entrees came with sides so we had plenty to eat- will return

Date of visit: March 2020
Reviewed February 23, 2020

The Rose Plantation is a lovely, upscale dining experience. The wait staff was pleasant and attentive, the food was delicious. The dining room tables are not close together so you feel you have private space. I look forward to my family's next visit so I can take them here.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed February 20, 2020

It is a bit pricey but for a special occasion, it is soooo worth it. When scanning the restaurant, all I saw for the most part were women. That is not to say a man could not or would not find something delicious and filling on the menu. Soups, salads, sandwiches, and mix and match soup/salad or soup/sandwich. At our table, everyone raved how delicious their meal was. The lobster/crab bisque was flavorful but could have had a bit more seafood; maybe a bite of lobster and one of crab and could have been warmer. It was barely luke warm. The chicken salad sandwich or egg salad sandwich is a mouthful. Plenty on the brioche bun. Downside: no cracker or bread comes with the soup and your soup is the accompaniment to your sandwich. Soup/sandwich = $16. Dessert award winning pies. We all tried their pie shooters where you can pick any 3 of their assortment of pies. Cherry was tart, very tart, apple was fine, banana was fine, but the key lime was very good and the pecan was award winning in our books. A slice of pie = $9 or 3 shooters for the same price. My water glass was empty and no one filled it until my meal was over, and I really could have stood for water before it was refilled. Having the waiter take care of the bill right at the table seemed a bit awkward when it comes time to put the tip on the tablet and he is standing right there. But that being said, I would definitely come back.