“Enjoyable evening with friends-”

The Rose Plantation
Reserve a Table
Fri, 4/3
8:00 PM
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Enjoyable evening with friends- scallops were great as was 1/2 rack of lamb. My snapper special was a huge portion and very delicious. The entrees came with sides so we had plenty to eat- will return

Date of visit: March 2020
Write a reviewReviews (290)

Reviewed February 23, 2020

The Rose Plantation is a lovely, upscale dining experience. The wait staff was pleasant and attentive, the food was delicious. The dining room tables are not close together so you feel you have private space. I look forward to my family's next visit so I can take them here.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed February 20, 2020

It is a bit pricey but for a special occasion, it is soooo worth it. When scanning the restaurant, all I saw for the most part were women. That is not to say a man could not or would not find something delicious and filling on the menu. Soups, salads, sandwiches, and mix and match soup/salad or soup/sandwich. At our table, everyone raved how delicious their meal was. The lobster/crab bisque was flavorful but could have had a bit more seafood; maybe a bite of lobster and one of crab and could have been warmer. It was barely luke warm. The chicken salad sandwich or egg salad sandwich is a mouthful. Plenty on the brioche bun. Downside: no cracker or bread comes with the soup and your soup is the accompaniment to your sandwich. Soup/sandwich = $16. Dessert award winning pies. We all tried their pie shooters where you can pick any 3 of their assortment of pies. Cherry was tart, very tart, apple was fine, banana was fine, but the key lime was very good and the pecan was award winning in our books. A slice of pie = $9 or 3 shooters for the same price. My water glass was empty and no one filled it until my meal was over, and I really could have stood for water before it was refilled. Having the waiter take care of the bill right at the table seemed a bit awkward when it comes time to put the tip on the tablet and he is standing right there. But that being said, I would definitely come back.

Date of visit: February 2020
Reviewed February 19, 2020

Rarely can one dine and say that everything was perfect but last night to celebrate my husband's birthday, EVERYTHING was perfect! The food, all prepared and presented beautifully: my duck was moist and plentiful,my husband's rack of lamb melted in your mouth and all the sides done just right, not mushy or undercooked. And dessert, the pies they are noted for, were delicious and normally I don't even eat dessert. And the service. Our waiter, Neil was attentive to all our needs without hovering. The grounds are beautiful, the view glorious and the time was just right for a spectacular sunset!

Date of visit: February 2020
Reviewed February 10, 2020

I have been to your restaurant a few times and always look forward to returning. I arrived at the second sitting and learning your best prime rib beef was already gone. Drats!!!

The next time I arrived, I ensured I arrived for the first dinner sitting. There are two sittings each day of which I am aware. Please make a reservation as it is very popular. Your GPS will get you there. You might wonder as you travel along some of the roads but it is worth the trip.

Relax when you arrive on the benches they have in their garden. Or stroll in their backyard after your meal.

Date of visit: March 2019