TripAdvisor

Reserve a Table
Fri, 11/15
8:00 PM
Reviewed 1 week ago

Nice quaint place to have a leasurely dinner. Food was good but noting outstanding. Service was also good.
Just a bit over priced for what we got.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (270)

Reviewed September 4, 2019

We have been to Rose Plantation many times and have never been disappointed. Food, Service,Atmosphere...All first class

Reviewed September 3, 2019

Took my minister to a special lunch at the Rose Plantation. Walked around the gardens first. So pretty. Lunch was light but tasteful. We both had salads that were fresh and delightful. We ate on the porch which gave us an outdoors experience while staying cool and comfortable. Reservations are suggested. It is a popular place and usually full but never feels crowded. Staff members are very professional but friendly..

Reviewed September 3, 2019

We had dinner there, delicious food and great atmosphere, excellent service!! We highly recommend for a upscale dining experience..

Reviewed September 2, 2019

I enjoyed a birthday dinner at Rose Plantation with my sisters.

The restaurant is very good, but still needs some refinement. The atmosphere is about the best this art of Florida has to offer. Lovely dining areas, beautiful decor, and bucolic setting overlooking a lake and manicured lawns. We were seated on the side porch, which is weatherproofed. They have been thoughtful enough to install sound absorbing panels on the ceiling, so it is anything but noisy, although there is still an energizing buzz.

The tables are well spaced and the seating comfortable. Food is served on old style mismatched china adding to the charm. The service is warm and friendly, a little familiar but never too familiar. Additionally, service is prompt, that could be the cause of one of the restaurants issues.

I started with the Mushroom and goat cheese soup which I highly recommend. Creamy with goat cheese and tasting primarily of mushrooms with a little kick of heat that builds as you enjoy it. Lovely. I ordered the Prime Rib, rare, and it was about the best I have had in years. Tender, rare as ordered, very nicely seasoned and juicy. About perfect. It was served with Jus and a horseradish sauce on the side but I barely used them. The Jus was a bit on the salty side but the horseradish sauce had a wonderful herbal quality to it. The Creamy Whipped Potatoes were nice, but not exceptional and the green beans, flecked with bacon were very nicely cooked. I would have preferred a little more al dente, but they were an appropriate iteration of a steakhouse standard. The Banana Cream Pie that we shared at the end was light and pilled high with whipped cream. Impressive to look at and a delight to eat.

Ok, here are the issues...

I noticed a fleck of green on my plate that was not part of the meal. It was fresh veg of some sort, spinach I expect, so it was fresh and not a washing issue, but a plating issue. One bite of the rib was incredibly salty, a dense pocket of the seasoning on the roast most likely. One bite of the beans had stems.

Reports from one sister was that the Salmon was good, not exceptional. Additionally her Glazed Carrots and Brussels Sprouts were inconsistent. some of the sprouts were cold.

Lastly, the plates looked overfull. Generous portions are normally not an issue, but in this case I think the serving size overwhelmed the presentation. Perhaps the antique style plates, charming as they are, could be a little larger.

I would not hesitate to go back, knowing what to expect. The overall quality of the food, service and ambiance makes it worth it. I wish the Rose Plantation a long and successful run.

Date of visit: August 2019