TripAdvisor

Reserve a Table
Tue, 11/12
8:00 PM
Reviewed July 27, 2019 via mobile

Had dinner at Rose Plantation last evening. Seated at our request on the enclosed porch. Could hear the piano in the background as we dined... not intrusive on conversation but yet adding to the great ambience. Ordered a Cab which was being offered as a special for $67 per bottle.... quite excellent. Meals were chicken Marsala, chicken Milano, salmon, and catfish... all very good except the catfish. I noticed my wife had eaten only 1/3 of of one of the two large pieces of catfish... when I asked why she said it tasted odd... I tried a bite and had to admit it was at best peculiar tasting... to the degree I would have been concerned to consume... at that point it was late and my wife as is her fashion accepted the distressing meal with her normal grace ... not wanting to spoil the evening for the other couple. I was quite surprised though when neither waitress upon seeing 90% of the meal was unconsumed did not ask if something was wrong. I write this now knowing we should have respectfully complained... $30 for two bites of catfish and sweet potatoes is really quite a poor result... Rose plantation has always been a mixed experience for us... great ambience, expensive for the area, and unique... first time with another couple was and outstanding experience made more so by an excellent and effervescent waitress clearly on the top of her game... focused on customer satisfaction. Second was almost a deal breaker... a very unimpressive but still quite expensive luncheon.... last night was enjoyable but still disappointing ... $200 for the four of us with one inedible meal. It is the details that separate the great from the average... Rose Plantation misses on the details and relies on the ambience excessively... that leaves them tarnished

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (269)

Reviewed July 18, 2019

My husband & I & our family celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary at the Rose Plantation. The food was outstanding, our server, Kerry was so helpful, even taking pictures for us. It truly was a memorable evening and I would highly recommend the restaurant!

Reviewed July 13, 2019 via mobile

Went fora father/son dinner tonight, and had a wonderful experience. Linda, our server really elevated our visit by pointing out some wonderful dishes. My dad had a Spinach Salad with a steak filet which was very tasteful. I have the chef special of Veal Chop Confit...let me tell you it was like “butter” the meat just fell off the bone...YUMMY.... Hate to say this , but WE WILL BE BACK...you guys and the whole team ROCK.

Reviewed July 9, 2019 via mobile

Our group has lunch once a month at different restaurants and this was our first meal at the lovely Rose Plantation. There were 12 of us and we were seated at two tables on the porch overlooking the lawn and lake. Our waitress was very proficient, explaining the menu options, taking our order (which always comes with exceptions!), keeping our drinks filled etc. Many in our group ordered the Blueberry Grilled Cheese as part of a Soup (or Salad) & Sandwich item. It was a very nice change. Other sandwiches were very large. My chicken salad was very good! Desserts were a big hit! Banana Cream Pie was most popular. Many of the group were looking forward to a return for dinner, including special occasions like anniversaries or birthdays.

Reviewed June 28, 2019 via mobile

The restaurant is very pretty and so is the setting by the lake. Service for a group was unprofessional and disorganized for a place that pretends to be upscale. The specials were a good price but not mouthwatering. Many groups like this place, so will probably return; but not on my A list

Date of visit: June 2019