TripAdvisor

Reserve a Table
Tue, 11/12
8:00 PM
Reviewed June 9, 2019

What a delightful restaurant. The food was gourmet. The service very professional and courteous. The setting is beautiful and the building is wonderfully decorated. The ambiance is exceptional.
The Rose Plantation is a great example of “you get what you pay for.” My wife and I have eaten in most of the “above grade” restaurants in the area and this is by far the best. In fact, the entire experience reminded us of some of the fine restaurants we have dined in Europe.
We will return when we entertain out of town guests and on other special occasions.

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a reviewReviews (269)

Reviewed May 31, 2019

Awesome Food! Great Home Atmosphere! Carrie is a wonderful waitress and makes sure we are satisfied. It is not too expensive - because they are so delicious which you cannot compare with other restaurants in The Villages.

Reviewed May 24, 2019

We had been here once before and loved this restaurant and gave it rave reviews. My husband's sister and husband were coming to celebrate her birthday. We made reservations well in advance, told them specifically it was for a birthday. We got there were seated on one of the porches, not same area as last visit, sun was shining in our eyes and air conditioner blowing on us...The waitress noticed said nothing, we asked to move and were moved to a smaller table ..We ordered our food...nothing was said to my sister in law regarding birthday .... We had to ask for bread, food came and it was the wrong order...Food -- Salmon was not the quality of last visit, sweet potatoe casserole was overdosed with either brown sugar or something else and the color of the casserole was deep brown nothing like sweet potatoe casserole..at the end of the meal the waitress never said happy birthday, or brought out a dessert, NOTHING. When my sister in law mentioned to my husband 'thank you for my birthday dinner' the waitress said, ohh Happy Birthday. Later that evening my husband and sister in law both got physically ill...and at one point we thought we would have to bring my husband to the Emergency Room...I wrote to the restaurant to let them know in case they had something go bad in the food so others would not get ill. There was no response. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS RESTAURANT TO ANYONE AGAIN, NOR GO THERE AGAIN.

1  Thank joyfulenterprise
Reviewed May 14, 2019

The restaurant is beautiful and many tables have beautiful views. The staff is attentive and seems to know their menu. However, be warned that everything on the menu is a la carte and you will double the price of your meal by adding a vegetable and a potato. While we all felt that the food was good, we all also felt that the prices were much too high.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed May 13, 2019

Awesome location, great food, good service... what more could you want? Special Mother's Day meal was superb.