TripAdvisor
Fruitland Park
Post
Inbox
Search

“Worthwhile to celebrate our GOLDEN Anniversary!”

The Rose Plantation
Reserve a Table
Fri, 11/15
8:00 PM
Reviewed May 31, 2019

Awesome Food! Great Home Atmosphere! Carrie is a wonderful waitress and makes sure we are satisfied. It is not too expensive - because they are so delicious which you cannot compare with other restaurants in The Villages.

Date of visit: May 2019
Write a reviewReviews (270)

Reviewed May 24, 2019

We had been here once before and loved this restaurant and gave it rave reviews. My husband's sister and husband were coming to celebrate her birthday. We made reservations well in advance, told them specifically it was for a birthday. We got there were seated on one of the porches, not same area as last visit, sun was shining in our eyes and air conditioner blowing on us...The waitress noticed said nothing, we asked to move and were moved to a smaller table ..We ordered our food...nothing was said to my sister in law regarding birthday .... We had to ask for bread, food came and it was the wrong order...Food -- Salmon was not the quality of last visit, sweet potatoe casserole was overdosed with either brown sugar or something else and the color of the casserole was deep brown nothing like sweet potatoe casserole..at the end of the meal the waitress never said happy birthday, or brought out a dessert, NOTHING. When my sister in law mentioned to my husband 'thank you for my birthday dinner' the waitress said, ohh Happy Birthday. Later that evening my husband and sister in law both got physically ill...and at one point we thought we would have to bring my husband to the Emergency Room...I wrote to the restaurant to let them know in case they had something go bad in the food so others would not get ill. There was no response. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS RESTAURANT TO ANYONE AGAIN, NOR GO THERE AGAIN.

1  Thank joyfulenterprise
Reviewed May 14, 2019

The restaurant is beautiful and many tables have beautiful views. The staff is attentive and seems to know their menu. However, be warned that everything on the menu is a la carte and you will double the price of your meal by adding a vegetable and a potato. While we all felt that the food was good, we all also felt that the prices were much too high.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed May 13, 2019

Awesome location, great food, good service... what more could you want? Special Mother's Day meal was superb.

Reviewed May 7, 2019

The restaurant is in a beautiful setting and offers an elegant dining experience. I just wish we had one. We brought my parents here for my Moms birthday and were really looking forward to a truly nice dining experience. Unfortunately it did not pan out. I had asked our waiter for a wine list, but it never came. To be fair, the food was good, not great, just good. Service on the other hand, was a certifiable disaster. I truly believe the service was the cause for the food being warm rather than hot. The steaks were cooked nicely, but were only warm when delivered to the table. It stole the thunder from this otherwise nice establishment. At the end of dinner, we wanted to order dessert, but could not locate our waiter. After at least 30 minutes, I ended up walking into the waiter/ waitress area and asked if our waiter was still working, as we had not seen him and I wanted to order after-dinner coffee and dessert. They did locate him and he finally returned. When we received our check, it was not correct and he had to return with a correct one. We will try the restaurant again, but when we do, we will seek a better waiter/waitress. The restaurant is definitely worth trying, and we will give it another try.

Date of visit: April 2019