TripAdvisor
Fruitland Park
Post
Inbox
Search

“Great Atmosphere, Good Food, Way Too Expensive”

The Rose Plantation
Reserve a Table
Tue, 11/12
8:00 PM
Reviewed May 14, 2019

The restaurant is beautiful and many tables have beautiful views. The staff is attentive and seems to know their menu. However, be warned that everything on the menu is a la carte and you will double the price of your meal by adding a vegetable and a potato. While we all felt that the food was good, we all also felt that the prices were much too high.

Date of visit: April 2019
Write a reviewReviews (269)

Reviewed May 13, 2019

Awesome location, great food, good service... what more could you want? Special Mother's Day meal was superb.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 7, 2019

The restaurant is in a beautiful setting and offers an elegant dining experience. I just wish we had one. We brought my parents here for my Moms birthday and were really looking forward to a truly nice dining experience. Unfortunately it did not pan out. I had asked our waiter for a wine list, but it never came. To be fair, the food was good, not great, just good. Service on the other hand, was a certifiable disaster. I truly believe the service was the cause for the food being warm rather than hot. The steaks were cooked nicely, but were only warm when delivered to the table. It stole the thunder from this otherwise nice establishment. At the end of dinner, we wanted to order dessert, but could not locate our waiter. After at least 30 minutes, I ended up walking into the waiter/ waitress area and asked if our waiter was still working, as we had not seen him and I wanted to order after-dinner coffee and dessert. They did locate him and he finally returned. When we received our check, it was not correct and he had to return with a correct one. We will try the restaurant again, but when we do, we will seek a better waiter/waitress. The restaurant is definitely worth trying, and we will give it another try.

1  Thank Hans H
Reviewed May 7, 2019

Reservations are a must. Unfortunately, the appetizer - mushrooms stuffed with crabmeat were extremely overpriced at $14 for 4 one inch mushrooms with a pinch of stuffing, mostly bread crumbs and very little crabmeat. The house salad was again overpriced and nothing special. For the main course, my husband had chicken marsala which was the best part of the meal. I had shrimp on a bed of polenta that lacked flavor - stingy on the sauce. We shared a piece of New York Style cheesecake which was fair. We left feeling disappointed and hungry.

Reviewed April 16, 2019 via mobile

Had my wedding reception here. It was absolutely wonderful. Service was perfect. Everyone was lovely and couldn’t have asked for a better venue.