All reviewsdog parklake walesexercise roomwithin milesshuffleboardfacilitiesfloridasnowbirdscottage
Reviewed August 13, 2015

I am an Activities Director for Giant Recreation World and each and every month my job is to take our members to a different campground. Being hot in the summer this was the perfect place to hold a rally! Beautiful clubhouse, big pool with two hot tub, shady area to sit, and was told by our Shuffleboard Director that their shuffleboard courts were the nicest he has ever seen!

We did run into a few problems, but the management was quick to correct the problem. When I made my reservations over a year ago there was a different manager and was never told about the pet rules. If the management would have known that we didn't have any clue about the pet rules, she would have put all the pet owners in a different section. Keep in mind that we camped in August and there is hardly anyone here. I do find it a little peculiar, because we have been to other Sun Communities and they do not have the same rules. With that being said, after we knew about the rules everyone in the club was respectful, and a few of the residents picked up members of our club in their golf cart and drove them to the dog park.

The facilities, manager and assistant manager triple A rating! I couldn't have found a nicer place to be!

Audrey Starling, Social Director
Giant Recreation World

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled on business
2  Thank audreys870
Reviewed August 10, 2015

The facility is absolutely top notch. Fantastic club house, pool, even pickle ball and shuffle board. The bad rating is for the summer residents that constantly patrol to catch you walking your dog and then lecturing you for doing so. We did not receive a rule book stating that we were not allowed to walk our little 10 pound pooch on the streets. We are responsible pet owners and pick up after our pet. We do not allow our pet to traipse all over someone else's property. The management needs to publish the rules, post the rules, and require the residents to leave the visitors alone. Let the management do its job. The only pet that they are friendly with would be Gold Fish. The review that is "ridiculous" is the "rebuttal" from the resident Mitravelgypsy2015. To the resident this will make you happy. I will never stay here again and will do my best to make my camping friends aware of your ridiculous rules so they can make their own decisions. We stayed here is a Motor home in the hot summer.

Room Tip: Don't bring your pets.
  • Stayed: August 2015, traveled with friends
13  Thank Terry N
Reviewed April 14, 2015

Clean friendly well managed RV park. Great spot for long stays. Large clean restrooms and inviting pool. Many activities during the winter season. Only stayed for a 2 night visit and I would recommend to anyone wanting to stay a month or more.

Stayed: April 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank George O
Reviewed March 29, 2015

Rainbow RV is a superior resort second to none in the entire state. We have looked everywhere. Rules are meant for the safety and security of everyone including having lights on your jacket when walking in the dark, especially in dark clothes. There is nothing wrong with any of these rules, nothing. This person below appears to be someone who wants to let their dogs roam anywhere they want, bark as much as they want, deposit in anybody else's yard and basically not care about anyone else's peace and privacy. I applaud any park that does not allow large, aggressive breeds to terrify everyone else except their owners. It is absolutely not true that service dogs would not be allowed here, for goodness sake, how ridiculous. Yes, owners are required to be with their dogs and not leave them outdoors loose or alone for the peace and safety of all residents not just the owner of one particular dog. It is called respect. I would not want to be parked anywhere near the reviewer below.

We have been both short-term and a little bit longer. We keep coming back here because we cannot find a comparable park anywhere else. Believe me, we have tried.

I don't know of any *nice* park where clothesline strung up everywhere are allowed, this is not a campground it is a beautiful RV resort. Reasonably priced, quiet area, well-managed and secure. Gorgeous pool and hot tubs. Dedicated billiards/pool room, exercise room, 2 clubhouses, lg. sites....I could go on ad on. We tried for a couple yrs. to find apark like it anywhere ....from Orlando to Miami and Naples. None. The only negative is that it is out away from major shopping. If 10 to 15 minutes is too far, then that would be a negative for you.

Longer term residents are very friendly and inclusive. More activities than you can do, highest quality entertainment, etc. We do not own here and we have never stayed longer than a couple months and have no stake in defending the park against the very wrong review below.

Room Tip: The staff will do whatever they can to accommodate you!
  • Stayed: February 2015, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Mitravelgypsy2015
Reviewed March 27, 2015

We stayed at Rainbow RV Resort for a six night stay in March. Our reservation/check in package was bundled and waiting for our arrival. Within the packet was a two page fine print list of rules. Most shocking was their paragraph concerning dogs. The web site says they Love Dogs but their rules don't support this. Dogs are only allowed outside your unit on a short leash with you attached to the other end. They have an extensive list of breeds of dogs not allowed. Dogs may not be anywhere but in your site or in the dog walk and nature trail area. You must carry your dog from your site to the dog area. You may not walk your dog even across the street to a dog legal area. For our 80 pound dog, this meant loading her in the jeep and driving a few feet to a dog area or risk being "tattled" on. Yes, the office told us they would hear about it if we even walked our dog across the street. Don't expect to have your service dog welcomed. They even listed rules that could have your service dog removed from the park.

We did encounter other issues that are difficult for short stay people to follow (1) Lights on the front and back of your bicycle at dark (2) no walking within park without flashing red light in hand during evening and night (3) clotheslines can ONLY be umbrella style (4) all scooters, even golfcart like quiet, may only go the most direct route from campsite to exit (5) no appliances outside (what about our outside TV?). The list went on and on!

On the positive side, the park is very clean. The bathrooms, clubhouse, and pool areas all look new. The units within the park and in good shape. The resort seemed to be encouraging people to commit to two years lease of space by fully paving the site and adding storage buildings for those sites. Although the sites used for short stay people are not paved, the sites are level and the patio area is paved. There were always activities which seemed to be well participated by the residents.

I did see that this can be a great place to live but I would not recommend for people wanting a short vacation. We stayed within the park as little as possible due to their restrictions and will not return here.

Room Tip: If you have a dog, ask for a site that is connected by grass to the dog walk area
Stayed: March 2015, traveled with friends