“Wonderful bed, wonderful price!”

Fairway Inn Fort Walton Beach
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
San Diego, California
“Wonderful bed, wonderful price!”
Reviewed July 11, 2010

Decided to drive to Ft Walton with no reservations just intentions of driving by the Econo Lodge to see if it was to good to be true for the rate I had found online. Exhausted when we got there, we sat in the parking lot & booked it online for under $100. Staff at the front desk were very friendly & checked us in super fast & we were off to our room. We were put in a handicap room which was much larger than a normal room with an oversized king bed. The matress was great!! We still talk about how great we slept that night. Room was also very clean! We also told the front desk that pics online needed to be updated b/c the hotel looked old & not very appealing, but looks freshly renovated in person!! Definitly would stay again!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Bradford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 25, 2010

we got to the hotel on a Friday night. we stayed for the weekend. we look in the handbook for times for breakfast it was ripped out, so we didn't know it was over at 9. the first morning at 9 at maid come to the door. why would would come that earlier. my husband found and beer cap on the floor, it stayed their the whole time. we where told they had HBO they didn't . the thing that made me the most mad was we checked out a day early due to the tar balls and we couldn't get a refund from the manager. we checked out on Sunday at 1030am and still had to pay for Sunday night.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Warner Robins, GA
Reviewed October 20, 2009

My stay at this hotel was great. The hotel has been remodeled and everything was neat and clean. My room had 2 temper-pedic beds, which were great. I was completely satisfied with the accomodations. The only problem I had was a group of college age boys had the rooms on the second floor and it was party time. But that's normal for a group of kids not anything the hotel could control. My grandkids who stayed with me slept through any noise these kids made, so it wasn't a big problem for me. The counters and shower stall was done in either granite or marble. But I was impressed. For the price of the room, I feel I got more than my monies worth. I would highly recommend this hotel and would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Tampa
Reviewed August 4, 2009

Ok so my family and I got there on Friday afternoon and when we walked in it had a bad smell. We didn't think a lot of it since the ac was off so we turned the ac on and smell went away for the most past. The bottom dresser draw was broken off and just laid in front of the drawer so anyone could have kicked it over on their feet, the bath tub was dirty, a huge gap at the bottom of the door so the cold air was let out, and only 2 towels and 1 wash clothe for a family with 2 kids. So I went to the office and explained about the drawer and was told not to worry about it. I asked for more towels and was told to go find housekeeping, which I looked for like 15 minutes and never found them so I went back to the front and got more towels from him directly. Now we where there meeting up with family and they got there late that night and when they walked into their room (we were next to each other) the smell could have knocked you out But they decided not to complain thinking it would be like our room and go away, it never did, it got worse. Their bathroom door wouldn't close, the mini fridge door wouldn't open and the tub was filthy. On Saturday we stayed gone all day and when we returned that night their room had a horrible smell. One of them dropped something behind the bed so they moved it out and behold was an awful site, the mattress had mold all over it, there were cigarrette butts all over, and cobwebs so you know it was never cleaned. They came and told us to look at our beds and sure enough ours was the same, mold and all. We took pictures and told the lady in the front, she came into both rooms and was disgusted too. She called the owner who refused to come out there because it's a weekend and offered us $25. off each night, which we refused. We showed her where we took the pictures and she called him back and was told we could get a refund. Of course we agreed to pay our pet fees since we wanted to bring our pets, though they didn't have a place to walk or use the bathroom. She told us we wouldn't be charged for the hotel stay only the pet fee and kept apologizing and everything, she told us we could check our c.c. accounts and see we wouldn't be charged. Come to find out they charged half of the stay and the additional pet fees. The place had trash all over where their maintance people wasn't emptying out the trash cans, the ice machines on 1st and 2nd floor didn't work and the guys were unprofessional. Oh don't eat the breakfast, it's nasty. I am not one to knit pick things but this place was horrible and I would not recommend it to anyone. I will pay a little more to get better quality and service.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank sweet1977
ClearLakeHouston
Reviewed July 24, 2009

I am not sure where to start. This is and was and will always be a horrible place to sleep at even if you are at the beach all day. Bad customer service. I watched people get there pets stole. Countless of prostitutes at night roaming there and actually working. My dog accidently knocked over his water and some spelled out I went to the bathroom to geet a towel and clean it. I was amazed how dirty the towel was. Room smells horrible moldy. My mail was never mailed and forget about getting a wake up call. i asked for one at 6am and it never came. I would rather pay the 20 to 30 m ore and stay better. It would be more comfortable.The pool is very very very small never swam in it but i was next to it and boy it is small.

• Stayed July 2009
2 Thank Ilovemydogs33
Houston, TX
Reviewed July 17, 2009

We spent one night at this motel in order to be in the Destin area one night while on our way to visit the Orlando theme parks. We checked in around 5 p.m and went up to our room to prepare to go to the beach for a short visit. The room had good AC, it was reasonably clean and comfortable. The locaion is good too; there are good public beaches just a few minutes away (by car). We drove to Destin, and were at Henderson Beach in about 15 minutes. After about an hour and a half we went to the hotel. The kids wanted to go to the pool, so we joined a few other families that were there. The pool was nice enough, kinda small but nice.
The beds were passably comfortable, and we spent a restful night.
The next morning, the included breakfast consisted of a few snack cakes and coffee and orange drink (not juice) Also there was a loaf of white bread and a toaster. No fruit. So the breakfast was not very good but it was at least something. After breakfast we went to a nearby beach for a while and got back in time to check out and continue on our trip.
Overall. the Econo Lodge is all right just to spend a night on the road with few extras. A big plus is that the rates are not expensive and the beaches nearby are beautiful.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Ogden, UT
Reviewed June 11, 2009

Checked in on Wednesday, Horrible mildew smell, broken glass on floor had to be pointed out to a maid to be vaccumed. Toilet started leaking sewage water on Thursday night. When I told the front desk, they sent a maid to towel it up. Friday maintenance told me they couldn't fix it, so it leaked another day, finally on Saturday they fixed it a 5pm. So we had three days of sewage water in the room. Also, their coffee and donuts would be better left alone.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family