“Service Terrible, Boycott Choice Hotels”

Fairway Inn Fort Walton Beach
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Ogden, UT
“Service Terrible, Boycott Choice Hotels”
Reviewed June 11, 2009

Checked in on Wednesday, Horrible mildew smell, broken glass on floor had to be pointed out to a maid to be vaccumed. Toilet started leaking sewage water on Thursday night. When I told the front desk, they sent a maid to towel it up. Friday maintenance told me they couldn't fix it, so it leaked another day, finally on Saturday they fixed it a 5pm. So we had three days of sewage water in the room. Also, their coffee and donuts would be better left alone.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank wasatchbl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Alabama
Reviewed October 22, 2008

Out-of-season rates much better direct. Good buy for the money if contacted direct. Rooms were large, king beds firm, and room clean. Appears to be family owned and staffed. Breakfast just bagels, small donuts, and coffee, but fresh.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
tennessee
Reviewed July 31, 2008

We were a little leary about staying here after reading a couple of reviews, but found it to be quite the opposite. Room was clean, nice blankets on the beds, pool was small, but clean. Location was good, quite, safe, and would stay again. was traveling with 2 children, did not check out the free coffee or donuts. Anyone traveling on a budget should check out this location.

• Liked — price, and location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Tifton
Reviewed July 27, 2008

We stayed at the Fairway Inn and it was not a good experience. The room had a horrible musty smell. We tried turning on the air to see if that would help and it did not. It made the smell worse. There was a dirty washcloth on the shower curtain rod that was left there from the previous visitor. The top blanket on the bed had black stains and it had a bad smell. Also the alarm clock did not work. We left after the first night.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — The entire experience
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank jklee1501
New Orleans
Reviewed June 17, 2008

I would never stay there again. All housekeeping does is make the beds and pull trash they don't give the room a full cleaning. They don't give you wash clothes. The staff is rude. They need to up date there motel rooms it is out of date. They need to learn how to clean a room and make it presentable for in coming guest.

• Liked — close to just about evrything
  • Disliked — the room
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Texas
Reviewed June 16, 2008

This hotel was okay for the money and good for what we needed, a place to sleep....We spent our time at the beach. The hotel staff was pleasant. The room was fairly clean but the linens smelled musty and all but one pillow was able to be used. The other ones appeared to be old and used and smelled bad. Luckily we had brought our own pillows. Everything else in the room was fine for what we needed.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — bad smell to pillows, cleanliness needs to be upgraded
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
cumming
Reviewed September 16, 2007

Well, the hotel was clean enough. It was remodeled, but my complaints are to do with the customer service!
I booked 2 nights hotel stay on 8/7/07 through Travelocity for Labor Day weekend on 9/1/07. I paid $200+ for 2 nights stay, and when I booked it Travelocity had that I would be charged immediately for my reservation.
When I got to the hotel on 9/1/07 I had my confirmation in hand, and told the clerk/owner that I had a reservation that I booked it through Travelocity. He demanded my card, which I told him it was already paid for since I booked it through Travelocity. He did not want to listen and ignored everything I said, and told me that it was not, that it was just to "reserve the room". He was very adamant that the room hadn't been charged. So, I gave him my charge card, and he said it would be $148.00. When I checked out, he gave me a receipt for that amount. Here it is 9/17/07 and I just got my charge card and indeed I was billed for $202.00...plus to make matters worst I just found out that my other credit card was also billed for $148.00 as well! It would have been nice if he would have stopped and listened to what I was saying, instead of being a know it all, which actually now I have a mess to straighten out with my credit card company!
Anyways, I will never, ever stay there again! There are too many other nicer hotels, with excellent customer service in Ft. Walton Beach. Also, the hotel wasn't even full (maybe 1/5 full~if that), but he gave us a Handicap room. He could have asked if it was ok, but didn't. It was alright, but I was afraid to park in front of my room, since obviously and luckily I am not handicap. So, that was not the best customer service either!
My recommendation is to not stay at this hotel!! Save your money and find a hotel that knows how to treat customers with respect unlike the hotel clerk or owner of this hotel.

-Lacreta Doty

• Liked — room was clean
  • Disliked — terrible customer service
  • Stayed September 2007