“Do not come here!!!” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   203 Miracle Strip Pkwy SW, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548   |
Ranked #22 of 31 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
“Do not come here!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Worst experience ever. The bed looked as if someone had just slept in it and didn't bother changing the sheets. I Should of spent that extra 60 bucks to stay elsewhere... room smelled gross and the heat did not blow out heat. Will Never return! It's my birthday and I'm very unhappy:(

• Stayed March 2014
4 Thank page1988

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Roxboro, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

1) Hardwood floors-2)fluorescent lighting-3) TV from the 80's (with NO ESPN). Towels were rough and they had to flip a breaker to get the AC on. The 3rd day there, an outside maintainence crew were replacing light switches while we were gone and didn't close the door all the way! You also have to pay for ice! We had to furnish our own coffee maker. WTH?The good parts-1)location, 2) room was huge,3)bed was comfortable. Will look elsewhere if we return to FWB.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cgdad

Travelers are raving about these Fort Walton Beach hotels

Baton Rouge, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here, our room was spotless and hardwood floors, beds were super soft a very comfortable!!! We will be back again on our next trip to Destin!!! Stop believing all the negative stuff people are posting about this hotel, because I was a little nervous myself reading all the crazy experiences people were lying about at first until I saw the room. I'll give them 2 thumbs up!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank ivyjm619
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

The location is great and the rooms are brand new just went through a remodel!!!! Off the traffic flow of destin but only 5 minutes from all the activities and only 2 minutes from the public beach!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here because there wasn't anywhere else to stay. We booked last minute and everything was full. The room smelled of mildew. The guy at the desk tried to force us into a smoking room even though we requested a non-smoking room. My advice...stay somewhere else if you have a choice.

• Stayed July 2013
nj
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

THis is a Very NOT SPECIAL PLACE TO Stay.... I stayed here 1 night by myself, as I flew They drove(family)
They are Rude,Not even coffee! MY ROOM was a Joke, and WE PAID $285.00.
and The shampoo I see on the sink? a MUSTARD PACKET ' of shampoo called JADE!
hehehehe HAHAHA! The Remodel I read people are reporting is a VERY Crummy HACK/ and even the Furniture was a SIGHT for my artistic eyes....IT WAS make of PLYWOOD?
and The Fire devices,that detect ,and then spray,IF YOU ASK ME" are Not installed correctly,as these are cut ,out ,and counter sunk ,into the ceilings drywall,and having MUCH PAINT on the spoked parts,and bits"
The Bathroom light went on and off BYITSELF ALL NIGHT! THEY PUT ME IN A " handicap room..... and WAS SO DARN BUSY AND NOISY
I Should have slept in my Rental....I SAW Vacancy all arround this place BUT FROM NJ it said none,I believe I was not on REAL SITES,and is scamish?I cant be sure I am not a computer scientist.
THE PEOPLE did not even UNDERSTAND WHAT A convience store was....I was so hungry
I was not told if there was coffee?
I WOULD NEVER GO BACK TO STAY EVER.....
NEVER AGAIN!

Room Tip: go elsewhere? I was there 1 night IN and out! and IT was ....not a happy night,so noisey. I was in...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Nonsmoking room smelt like the Marlboro man on a binge!!! I tried to deal with the ashtray smell but couldn't. I asked for a non smoking room. I went to the office and he told me that there was nothing he could do. Lol the hotel was empty I insisted he do something but he said he called the fort Walton police department. I waited on the police and they never showed. I then called them myself and they showed telling me that the hotel never called and was trying to bully me. I then took the police officer into my room and he to couldn't bear the smell. But I got no refund cause it was a civil mater. Never stay here!!!

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Marina Bay Resort
#11 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 172 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walt...
#3 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 494 reviews

Been to Fairway Inn Fort Walton Beach? Share your experiences!