“Tourist Trap Rip-off, Nothing to write Home About,”

Fairway Inn Fort Walton Beach
Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Reviewed July 12, 2013

THis is a Very NOT SPECIAL PLACE TO Stay.... I stayed here 1 night by myself, as I flew They drove(family)
They are Rude,Not even coffee! MY ROOM was a Joke, and WE PAID $285.00.
and The shampoo I see on the sink? a MUSTARD PACKET ' of shampoo called JADE!
hehehehe HAHAHA! The Remodel I read people are reporting is a VERY Crummy HACK/ and even the Furniture was a SIGHT for my artistic eyes....IT WAS make of PLYWOOD?
and The Fire devices,that detect ,and then spray,IF YOU ASK ME" are Not installed correctly,as these are cut ,out ,and counter sunk ,into the ceilings drywall,and having MUCH PAINT on the spoked parts,and bits"
The Bathroom light went on and off BYITSELF ALL NIGHT! THEY PUT ME IN A " handicap room..... and WAS SO DARN BUSY AND NOISY
I Should have slept in my Rental....I SAW Vacancy all arround this place BUT FROM NJ it said none,I believe I was not on REAL SITES,and is scamish?I cant be sure I am not a computer scientist.
THE PEOPLE did not even UNDERSTAND WHAT A convience store was....I was so hungry
I was not told if there was coffee?
I WOULD NEVER GO BACK TO STAY EVER.....
NEVER AGAIN!

Room Tip: go elsewhere? I was there 1 night IN and out! and IT was ....not a happy night,so noisey. I was in...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Nonsmoking room smelt like the Marlboro man on a binge!!! I tried to deal with the ashtray smell but couldn't. I asked for a non smoking room. I went to the office and he told me that there was nothing he could do. Lol the hotel was empty I insisted he do something but he said he called the fort Walton police department. I waited on the police and they never showed. I then called them myself and they showed telling me that the hotel never called and was trying to bully me. I then took the police officer into my room and he to couldn't bear the smell. But I got no refund cause it was a civil mater. Never stay here!!!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank kevinr12345
Reviewed July 4, 2013

If your internet goes out they will say its your fault or your cpu is messed up

most hotels will say give us a few minutes to check it out

otherwise it is great most of the employees are polite

the house cleaning is great

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Appears to be family run, with sons as maids. Immaculate room with a bamboo floor. Very nice. This has been a long trip, stayed in 5 hotels. So sorry we forgot to tip.

Hope this helps. We usually stay in the major chain places, but Fairway Inn measures up to them.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Overpriced and in need of completion of their remodeling. Rooms have been remodeled with new floors, furniture, etc. but did not pay attention to details. Used the old doorknobs, door trim, etc. Gap under front door of about 1 inch with no weather stripping. If going to this expense, go the extra mile to make it complete. Halls, and other common areas still in need of repair. Tile ripped up in halls, leaving cracked and broken concrete exposed. Ice machine on 2nd floor held together with duct tape and did not work. Eyesore and should be removed.

The toiletries were the cheapest and worst I've ever seen in a hotel, EVER! Bring your own soap, shampoo, toilet paper, etc. For the price paid, expect high end useful toiletries, not cheap, cheap cheap.

The continental breakfast is also POOR. First day, nothing there at 8:00 am except waffle maker with a line. Not even a piece of bread. Coffee with only powdered creamer. And powdered OJ????? Please. Don't expect anything and you won't be disappointed. Second day, there was stale mini Danishes, bread, and a line at the waffle maker again. Both days had to eat at other restaurants.

Overall, price was about 3 times what it should have been.

Room Tip: Non Smoking, they still gave us a smoking room and smelled awful. Had to change rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MikeyPenn
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Not a bad location. We arrived and the lobby wreaked of incense and the attendant didn't speak good english. Continental breakfast consisted of a waffle and toast in a 10'X20' room. Coffee wasn't good. The rooms have very bright white lights (actually blinding), no carpet, and not cleaned very well. Had to pay $0.25 for a small bucket of ice. Beds were not comfortable and we never were left with soap, shampoo, and enough towels. Everytime we came back after a beach trip, the air was always left off. We wish we had done more research before booking online. there's a lot more hotels here to choose from.

Room Tip: If you book here, get a room on the top floor. Too much noise on the bottom floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Julie_Nix525
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with a couple of friends for the weekend.The hotel is pretty affordable and conveniently located on a main road.There are several restaurants close by,as well as beach access.I would definitely recommend this hotel for people looking to stay at an affordable place.Nothing fancy but still good.

• Stayed: May 2013