“Yuck DONT stay here!!!”

Holiday Lodge & Suites
Ranked #24 of 30 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Reviewed July 10, 2010

We checked in on a whim. We were on our way to Orlando and happened to stay here because no other hotel/motel had any rooms available. The room smelled gross, the carpet was coming apart, it was so dirty and my socks were black by the time we left there. The bathroom and doors were rusty and this place was awful. I have a 7 yr old and a 8 month old and I was afraid for them to catch something. The front desk clerk was never available, the cleaning crew consisted of weird, dirty and questionable people. I opted to not have them come clean our room. The pool was the only benefit. It was clean and no one was ever in it. If need be keep driving until you hit the next closest city or county.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank Loisey

Reviewed March 12, 2010

this hotel was ok on some points but the choice of employees would have been better... being harrassed was not on out agenda

Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PrisciliaR
Reviewed September 16, 2009

I made a reservation for 2 rooms for 1 night,was prepaid,so few days later decided to stay another night and try to add the extra day, because it was prepaid, I was told to make another reservation, so I did what I was told.
When I got there I let the lobby lady know that I've 2 reservations 1 prepaid and 2nd one was not prepaid.
The girls was very nice and told me that was ok' and finish my check in,after that the was nice and helpful I wanted the rooms next to each other so she found one for us.
Everything was ok' that specific day, I unpack my things and headed to the beach with my family, came back to seep and found that the bedding was dirty with hairs, stained and brown areas like no one ever chaged the bedding,after waiting20 min they came and changed it, and also need to ask for shampoo because I got one small little bottle no enough for 4 people,and both rooms have the same luck with shampoo and dirty bedding. Well after waiting 25 minutes for the shampoo and 20 for the bedding changing we got to sleep.
I must say the beach is not close from the hotel,l you need to drive a few min to get to the beach,the ice machine never have ice because is so small and is 1 for the entire hotel, the breakfast is coffe ,milk and small muffins 1 type, the orange juice is not ,is water with hint of orange odor,not even orange color, apple juice is watered too,but still taste like apple,stale cereal 2 types, and 2 small tables,1 for 3 people and 2nd one for 2 people and is located in the lobby,breakfast area is also lobby area.They advertise free internet,well never works on the rooms only in the lobby with your personal computer and have a password.
The next day we headed to the beach again and came later to take a bath and ask for shapoo (again) and notice thta the bedding wasn't chaged but I mean we sleep on those sheets so I mean I didn't want to wait more for someone to change the bedding again, calls,and bla,bla,bla so I leave the bedding like that.
We came back to rest,and pack again because we were leaving the next day at 10.
At 7 am the next morning the lobby lady called me asking me to leave her hotel because I never did any reservation for the previos night,so I explained to her, that I talk to her when I check in the 1ts day, she responded that it wasn't her,it was another lady, but she yelled at me that I need to leave because the hotel was booked ,she was rude and I mean... not ever my mother yelled at me!
So I packed my things that was left for the next day( I already known that I have to leave but at noon the site where I make the reservations stated that,and have plans to leave at 10 ) headed to the lobby, the lobby lady received me with a long and mean face and yelling at me that I never made any reservation and if she wanted she can throwed my thing to the street or keep them with out ever telling me (literal as she said)but because she was nice she "allow" me to stay the previous night;even though I never reserved.
I responded; when I checked in I told the other lady that I made 2 separated reservations 1 prepaid and the other wasn't,how she didn't let you know or leave a note,I mean if is 2 employees you need to communicate about hotel issues,right?Well she claimed that I was LYING in my face and yelling at me!!!
I was mad very mad ,and tried to be calm and not yelled; so I decided to call travelodge and no one found my reservation I was on the phone for abut 20 min,and trafered 4 times ,I decided to give up,so when she pass me the bill I saw my bill she add 20 dolars per room I mean I was static she yelled at me called me liar and plus she charge me extra !
So I decided never to stay in any travelodge again.Thanks to this rude mean coarse,rough unpolished lady (if someway can call her lady)
So stay AWAY!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank irirom
Reviewed September 7, 2009

After driving almost 8 hours to arrive in Fort walton I was very excited and exhausted. I arrived at the hotel at night ready for some sleep and get ready for a couple days of fun. I checked into my room which I had booked a month in advance. As I got all of my bags to my room I went to head to bed. I pulled back the covers to find a million black hairs all on my sheets. I went straight to the front desk to ask for some new clean sheets. The man at the front desk was extremly rude and informed me that I was to sleep in that room or he would cancel my reservation. I was so mad and to tired to argue with him. So I returned to my room and slept on top of the covers. It was the worst sleep I had ever had. My brother in law awoke the next morning feeling something at the bottom of his sheets as he pulled back the covers he noticed it was a pair of panties that had been left in the sheets. Which had obviously not been cleaned. My room did not have a clock, phone, romote for the tv. My trash can was full of trash. It was the nastiest place I have ever stayed in my life. As I went to check out The woman at the front desk had tried to run my card twice. Trying to charge my card twice. I had taken out all my money out of the bank so that I could just pay everything in cash. So obviously it didnt go thru. I tried to inform the lady that I had already paid them a month ago and had given the rude man the night before the paper with the confrimation number and payment that I had already made. Thank goodness It didnt go thru as she had tried to do I would have been so mad. I will stil be checking my bank. I DO NOt trust that place at all.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank constance9
Reviewed August 13, 2009

my husband and i was on a getaway from the children with somewhat reasonable expectations of lodging,NOT.The first room they gave us had underware with feces in them on the dresser along with other garments,cell phone on counter,we just backed out and close the door and felt like we invaded someone's privacy.Then we get another room,on the way there a very loud patron was yelling outside a door"open the [--]door when we get to the second room we had to plug up the tv-mw-clock-lights.tv volume stuck on high.when i get back home i see my bank account has been debited twice.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bean02
Reviewed July 4, 2009

My husband and I booked this room knowing it wouldn't be fancy. However... there wasn't a bath mat... no kleenex. We looked at the binder in the room and it was written that a later check out time could be arranged... we would be between hotels and were without our own transportation we called to check on this. The lady that answered (hard to understand her) said that wasn't possible. (I didn't fight it... we called our next hotel and they gladly allowed us to keep our luggage in the MANAGERS office... nice!) The next morning when we checked out we told her about the missing bath mat so we wouldn't be charged... (in the room it stated that any missing towels would be charged to our card ... something like $12 for the bath mat) her response was ... must have been a new maid... and experienced maid would have remembered everything! WEIRD!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank daisydee_26
Reviewed July 3, 2009

My husband and I booked at this hotel for our anniversary. I do recommend staying here if you are like us and like to spend your money on other things besides the place you will only be sleeping. The room was clean and comfortable. To our surprise there was a microwave and refrigerator in the room which was a plus! The service was good too! No problems checking in or out. The hotel is very close to most everything and not far from Destin. I read the other reviews and was worried, but when we arrived it was perfect for us. Like I said when we go on vacation we hardly stay in the room. So if that's the purpose of one's vacation than I guess a luxury hotel would be the way to go. We will definitely be staying there again!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple