“Terrible Room- even at a discount” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Lodge & Suites

Holiday Lodge & Suites
Ranked #26 of 31 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Oviedo, Florida
“Terrible Room- even at a discount”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

What a disaster. The front office should have been our first warning. The attendant had a sign that said "Back in 5 minutes- gone to the beach", and the coffee pot had an out of order sign on it. Although it stated to "please excuse our mess that they were under renovations", there was no work being done on the hotel. We had 2 rooms over the weekend and the first room had to be swapped because the commode did not work and the bed cover had cigarette burns on it, which was supposed to be a non-smoking room. The other room had the following problems: a broken remote, a broken table, the lining over the bathroom mirror coming off, the popcorn ceiling in the shower falling down, mattresses that were at least 20 years old and hard, an A/C that barely worked,only one roll of toilet paper, no tissues, no shampoos(or anything else), contour sheets that kept coming off, and no stopper for the tub. I have stayed for less money at other hotels in this area and they were much nicer. Buyer Be Ware--this place is a dump. Our only hope now is that no bed bugs came home in our belongings.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I stayed here with my husband for four nights, we assumed ghe place wouldn't be to great because we only paid $50 a night but it was a good location so we went with it. When we get there the outside looks a bit run down, the parking lot was a mess, there where groups of people hanging out but what do you expect its a beach hotel, we check in smoothly enough and get to our room, the smell was a bit musty but it was quickly taken care of by just opening the window, now unlike most people who make a rewview I always bring my own sheet, towels and shampoo and such, the sheet that was there just looked old but wasn't stained, and the matress was okay for the nights sleep, what do you expect them to do order those thousand dollar mattress, of course.not you get a ok bed, the electrical outlets did have a few problems we had to re arrange the room a bit to get the tv to work but the place was under renovation, the bathtub wasn't dirty but I sprayed it with cleaner and washed it out anyway, always do, there was the mini fridge which wasn't working but we found a manager who brought us a new one and took the old one with no problem at all. Now overall most people would avoid it but for a one night stay you can manage fine. You get what you pay for if you want better and fancy fork out the couple hundred dollars for a night. Id stay here again if I had to.

• Stayed June 2013
5 Thank eamp014
Panama City Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed one night. We did not see any bugs, but it was otherwise a mess. The carpet was old and had stains and sand on it when we checked in. The commode looked dirty so we asked for cleaner, but after scrubbing realized it was cigarette burns and stains (in a non-smoking room). It had a musty, stale odor, and the smoke detector battery was missing. A female staying in one of the rooms appeared to be passed from room to room: We saw her at 4-5 different rooms and was dropped off by 3 different vehicles. The shower water pressure was low, and the heat/air wall unit was loud. You could hear people outside, and the room keys didn't work all the time. When we stopped by to see what was available for breakfast, everything was gone but the coffee: A construction team was staying long-term and had cleaned out the donuts. Both the coffee pot and the iron/board were missing from the room. To me, this is just a tad better than sleeping in a car or tent.

Room Tip: Drive on down the road.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Fort Walton Beach hotels

Cotton Valley
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed July 18 - 21. We arrived at 2 and room not ready, but that was ok, went too beach for awhile. Check in was easy and friendly staff. Room wasn't fancy but was clean. Only complaint we had is after 2 days we had too ask for our room too be cleaned. Currently they are short staffed. Pool was great and a little restaurant in parking lot called Krusty Crab. Very friendly and drinks affordable. open for lunch and dinner. Beds were ok. A/C worked ok but we brought a fan too help. Refrigerator worked very well. Didn't use the microwave. Very close too everything. We would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank KimmerS12
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband and I decided to stay a extra night in FL on vacation and this was the last thing that was available. Check-in was ok then everything went down. The rooms was so outdated and unclean I didn't want to touch anything, didn't want to even eat or drink in the rooms. They stink!!!! The mattress was old and full of stains as was the pillows! But here comes the worst the parking lot was full of party goers until about 4AM I called the front desk around 1AM to complain he said OK but nothing was done. We checked out around 6 to go home and when I went in the lobby the guy working there WAS SLEEP!!! I guess he partied to hard. When I woke him and told him I needed to check out he replied, "check out where" DONT STAY!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank sdv23
Mobile, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Check in was ok... and the room was... less than clean. It was equipped with rusted microwave and refrigerator. The towels were obviously over worn. The air conditioner fan worked, however, the air conditioning did not. There is a nice pool, if you get too hot. There are no grips in the bottoms of tubs, however, which caused a slip and fall, and a trip to the orthopedic doctor.

Room Tip: I'm pretty sure there's NOT a good room...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank tm_smith8
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I call I was in town for a night and it was and had handicap rooms. the rooms where 49.95 not to bad for this area but when I got to a handicap room the smell you could have het me with a Baseball bat. I was choking just at the door way there is now way I could even walk in this room. So the desk clerk found me another room suppose to be Non=Smoking Yea right. It was as bad as the first room but it had been smoked in. The curtains had an smoke smell coming off them and he walls had tar stains along with crakes and falling off dry wall the room was wipe down with a dirty towel because the tv I had to wipe off because It had a cloudy screen. the door was missing a lock .

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Value Place Fort Walton Beach
Value Place Fort Walton Beach
#15 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
3.5 of 5 stars 68 reviews

Been to Holiday Lodge & Suites? Share your experiences!