“It sure isn't much!”

Holiday Lodge & Suites
Ranked #24 of 29 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed one night. We did not see any bugs, but it was otherwise a mess. The carpet was old and had stains and sand on it when we checked in. The commode looked dirty so we asked for cleaner, but after scrubbing realized it was cigarette burns and stains (in a non-smoking room). It had a musty, stale odor, and the smoke detector battery was missing. A female staying in one of the rooms appeared to be passed from room to room: We saw her at 4-5 different rooms and was dropped off by 3 different vehicles. The shower water pressure was low, and the heat/air wall unit was loud. You could hear people outside, and the room keys didn't work all the time. When we stopped by to see what was available for breakfast, everything was gone but the coffee: A construction team was staying long-term and had cleaned out the donuts. Both the coffee pot and the iron/board were missing from the room. To me, this is just a tad better than sleeping in a car or tent.

Room Tip: Drive on down the road.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed July 18 - 21. We arrived at 2 and room not ready, but that was ok, went too beach for awhile. Check in was easy and friendly staff. Room wasn't fancy but was clean. Only complaint we had is after 2 days we had too ask for our room too be cleaned. Currently they are short staffed. Pool was great and a little restaurant in parking lot called Krusty Crab. Very friendly and drinks affordable. open for lunch and dinner. Beds were ok. A/C worked ok but we brought a fan too help. Refrigerator worked very well. Didn't use the microwave. Very close too everything. We would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank KimmerS12
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband and I decided to stay a extra night in FL on vacation and this was the last thing that was available. Check-in was ok then everything went down. The rooms was so outdated and unclean I didn't want to touch anything, didn't want to even eat or drink in the rooms. They stink!!!! The mattress was old and full of stains as was the pillows! But here comes the worst the parking lot was full of party goers until about 4AM I called the front desk around 1AM to complain he said OK but nothing was done. We checked out around 6 to go home and when I went in the lobby the guy working there WAS SLEEP!!! I guess he partied to hard. When I woke him and told him I needed to check out he replied, "check out where" DONT STAY!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank sdv23
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Check in was ok... and the room was... less than clean. It was equipped with rusted microwave and refrigerator. The towels were obviously over worn. The air conditioner fan worked, however, the air conditioning did not. There is a nice pool, if you get too hot. There are no grips in the bottoms of tubs, however, which caused a slip and fall, and a trip to the orthopedic doctor.

Room Tip: I'm pretty sure there's NOT a good room...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank tm_smith8
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I call I was in town for a night and it was and had handicap rooms. the rooms where 49.95 not to bad for this area but when I got to a handicap room the smell you could have het me with a Baseball bat. I was choking just at the door way there is now way I could even walk in this room. So the desk clerk found me another room suppose to be Non=Smoking Yea right. It was as bad as the first room but it had been smoked in. The curtains had an smoke smell coming off them and he walls had tar stains along with crakes and falling off dry wall the room was wipe down with a dirty towel because the tv I had to wipe off because It had a cloudy screen. the door was missing a lock .

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Donald C
Reviewed April 20, 2013

TERRIBLE!!!! Room full of mold....a/c not working...no toilet paper....really?!?!?!?! No quality check....oh and party in the parking lot with unattended young children in the pool....obviously no security.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Found this place last minute over Easter and spring break when prices where high and hotels were full.

Room was dated with 2 double beds, a fridge and microwave but was dirty. Mould on the walls, stains, towels were thin and dirty. Sheets were thin and comforter bally.

There was some noise from the main road but it didn't bother us and we were the closest room to it!

If your passing this way and need a cheap room check this place out and see if its changed.

The motel in under new management and the owners are very nice friendly people. At the time of stay they were renovating so things may get better.

No breakfast only coffee included at time of stay.

• Stayed: March 2013