“Keep on going!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 31 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
“Keep on going!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Lodge and Suites on our way back from Disneyworld. We decided to stop last minute in Fort Walton. We found Holiday and it was a good price since we just got back from Disney. Big mistake!!! Although the Receptioninst was very friendly the place was awful. The room was smelly, dirty, did not have enough towels and was just awful. There were people in the parking lot making noise all hours of the night. I heard a ton of noise so I looked out the window. Here come not one but 6 cops. I am guessing they must visit often. It turns out someone had tried to park their car in the palm tree right by our room. I have never feared for my life so much. It was either stay and maybe die in the room or risk leaving and die in the parking lot. I decided to stay since we already paid our money. Will never stay there again (or anywhere near it). My Husband is a typical stinky man and he even made the suggestion to stop at a store to get disenfectant spray for the room. Bathtub was dirty still. Lavatory and sink area had hair still on it. This place is just gross. Please do not stay here especially if you have young children like I do. There were some unfavorable characters in the pool while we were there and I had promised the kids we could go swimming at the pool before I saw it. I had to break my promise when I saw the party at the pool. Please pay the extra money and stay somewhere else. This place was not even worth it if it were free. I paid $100 for the night (yes, this is peak season) and it was not worth the two cents in the bottom of my purse.

Room Tip: no good rooms except at another hotel! Do not stay here
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Laurie M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I had booked my room online arrived to find out my reservation was never made and they only had one room available. The room had issues all through out.. the curtains were falling off the walls , the room has no coffie makers like the site said. We only had two towels and half a roll of toilet paper also advised me they ran out of toilet paper untill the manager arrived. The manager avoided our complaints. I would stay away from this hotel

• Stayed July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
2 Thank richiekharrison
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

cheap hotel close to the beach ?you got it but beware . I spent many of nights in hole in the walls but this one takes the cake. Bring your lysol and pistol and you'll be just fine. Not a family hotel as I was scared for my 2 girls. Yearly visits to ft walton. This one is number 1 on not to stay.

Ps...did not see any hotel security.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank geeves66
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

A lot of the reviews on here are rated as if somebody was murdered here. It's just your run of the mill motel. It was decently clean, with a fridge, tv, and microwave. The sheets were changed daily, but the mattress cover had a tendency to come undone, so bringing a fitted sheet might not be the worst idea. Within 20 mins. of the good beaches in Destin, and plenty of places to eat around the corner. The terrible reviews of this place on here just cement the fact that many of the people who use this site are just plain old spoiled. It's not a great hotel or anything, but it is worth the cheap prices that you pay to stay here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
5 Thank Diveandjive
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

My husband and I made a last minute mistake when I booked this hotel... The smell of the room was so bad I went to the local Wal-Mart and purchased Frebreze. The towels, pillow cases, and sheets were stained and dingy. The cleaning service halfway cleaned the nasty room and did not leave clean towels. We had to wait 30 minutes for clean towels. The hotel itself was very noisy. We will NEVER stay here again.

Room Tip: A tip I can give it to book somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank VLAllen
Panama City, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I checked in around 11pm on a friday night and the lobby was locked so the desk clerk told me to come around to the window... The window had a 6" x 6" opening to talk through and the rest was bullet proof glass so that immediately made me feel uneasy. When I asked the desk clerk if there was a fridge in our room, he said "I dont know, some of them do and some don't" so I asked if they could bring us one if the room didn't have one. He said "maybe, just call us tomorrow!". Of course, there was no fridge, no microwave, no clock!, no shampoo or conditioner, no hair dryer (there was a stand for it on the wall but no dryer in it). There was hair stuck in soap residue on the countertop, there was also hairs all over the tile in the bathroom. Once we tried to go to bed, we realize that there was no fitted sheets, there was flat sheets that wouldn't stay on the bed so if you rolled over in the middle of the night, you would wake up to yourself laying on a bare mattress!! Keep in mind, these mattresses are at least 20 yrs old!! The pillows were lumpy and flat. I wouldn't dare to walk around barefooted, the carpet looked discusting and the tile looked even worse! When I booked it, i figured that it would be kinda decent since I paid $100/night.... BUT NO!!!!!!!!!! It was the most discusting place I have ever stayed! I should have slept in my car! I'm beginning to itch now and IT BETTER NOT BE BED BUGS!!!!!

Room Tip: DON'T EVEN BOTHER!!! you won't be able to sleep because the bed and pillows are so uncomfor...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Fallon T
Tampa, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

We knew apon booking this hotel that it wasnt going to be anything fancy,however we were not expecting the experience we had. If you are looking for a nice quiet hotel this is not it! The hotel is mainly occupied by people who live here,including some of the staff. The hallways,stairs,and pool are used as hangout places for these tenants until 2 or 3 in the morning, and then again starting at about 8am. The staff is unbelievably rude. The rooms are semi clean, you have to request your room to be clean and stocked with towels, and when you do you are then treated poorly for the remainder of your stay. As I am writing this review in my hotel room at 9:00 in the morning someone just came and banged on my door,by the time I got to the door, no one was there. This has been the worst experience I have ever had at a hotel. I would not stay here again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family