“average for price”

Ranked #18 of 30 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Reviewed April 6, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 3, 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights. Very comfortable beds, Room was clean . AC worked good. Less then 6 Mins to Fort Walton Beach. Across the street from the ocean.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I could smell marijuana outside the parking lot and in my room. I accidentally locked my key in my room and the receptionist was rude. He said it wasn't his job to baby site me. I guess walking 5 feet to swipe an extra card was too much physical work for him. Awful place----don't visit it was simply the worst experience at Motel ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Just avoid the Super 8. I have traveled a lot and this place is the worst!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
kbhula, Manager at Super 8 Ft Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. At check-in we provide our guests with 2 keys which is standard for most hotels, as always more keys are happily provided if guests need them. At check-in you were provided your 2 keys, but at check-out you returned 5 keys. I'm sorry that the extra 3 keys we provided you all throughout the night wasn't enough for you. Hopefully we can make this up on a future visit with as many keys as it takes.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We were pleased with our room considering we only paid $50/night. The room was clean and the front desk staff was very nice. We chose to stay here because it allowed us to bring our dogs. We paid an additional $10 per night per dog which I felt was very fair. As others have mentioned there did seem to be a lot of noise at night. We enjoyed the dog park across the street.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2014

The room was very clean and comfortable the front desk staff was wonderful. Parking was great. I would have given it 5★'s but the police were there 2days of my stay, not enough lighting in the parking lot other than the porch lights which were dim and made me very uncomfortable about leaving and coming after dark and there was too much foot traffic at night between 10:00pm and 5:00am considering it was 19°, raining outside and the stairs were iced over. The cable went out several time until it just went out completely which wasn't a big issue until the foot traffic started and I had no means of drowning the loud crunching of ice on the stairs as the people came down them. I would probably stay there again but ask for a room away from the stairs period and bring someone or
"something" with me.