“I would stay there again”

Super 8 Ft Walton Beach
Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
kbhula, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Ft Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Reviewed July 1, 2013

The stay was great. The price was affordable and satisfied with quality of room and friendly and supportive staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for staying with us at the Super 8 in Fort Walton Beach! We're glad you were happy with your stay.

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Nice, well kept pool area. We had a room with a king bed. Very roomy and clean and comfy. Plenty of counterspace. Male attendant at evening check in was lacking charm, however female attendant on duty during breakfast was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for staying with us at the Super 8 in Fort Walton Beach. It was our pleasure to serve you during your stay and we appreciate you writing a review of our property. We hope you would consider us again when visiting our area

Reviewed June 25, 2013

First of all I'd like to start with the good. I love Florida and for our last three vacations we have stayed in Ft. Walton. My husband and I enjoy the family atmosphere and quiet town of Ft.Walton. When we checked in our desk clerk was very personable and friendly which I look for being from the south. We went up to our room and the first thing i noticed was how overpowering the smell of pine-sol was and how poorly the air-conditioning was working. We fixed that ourselves by removing the knob and placing it correctly to turn the thermostat. Secondly, the refrigerator wasn't plugged in correctly and took quite awhile to cool down. My pie melted and fish molded overnight. We got up for breakfast and had no spoons to eat our "free breakfast" which consisted of cereal and a cinnamon bun. Which you'd think with such a lowly breakfast I'd at least have a spoon to eat it with. Housekeeping was very poor. She brought her children in the rooms with her everyday leaving pubic hairs and long black hairs from their heads folded into our towels. My daughter won a plastic sword at the Fudpuckers down the road which I have to say. EXCELLENT place for families to go! The housekeepers children stole it from our room. :-( My child was very sad. We left hoping housekeeping would be done before dark which they usually weren't done cleaning rooms until 4-6 in the evening. Very inconvenient... The $3 washing machine downstairs outside wasn't working at all! Had to go next door to the Regency Inn to wash our clothes. Got back home and emptied my backpack that had stayed in the hotel the entire time and almost stepped on a very large black scorpion which was pretty horrifying considering even when I lived in Florida many years ago I don't think I had even ever seen one that large nor had I seen a black one... only the tiny brown ones that slip under the door in the hot summers... I have a picture if you'd like me to post it. It's pretty creepy though. Anyhow my overall trip was awesome. Had a great time with the family. Dreaded going back to the room every night to find hairs in my towels. It was really bad. I wouldn't ever recommend anyone staying at this place.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
kbhula, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Ft Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Reviewed June 13, 2013