My family and I stayed at HIFWB at the end of June 2010. We arrived a few days before my wedding and were pleasantly met by the front desk staff members. My dad was able to upgrade for free, and our suite was beautiful. The full-size fridge came in very handy as well as the sink area so we could eat in! Although we didn't use the stovetop, it was great to have as well. Our rooms were thoroughly cleaned, even when I came in for a mid-afternoon nap! There was no problem requesting additional towels. The view from the suite was spectacular - overlooking the rock slide pool and just high enough to see the ocean!
Our wedding was on the beach of the resort, and everyone was MORE than accommodating - everyone from Angie in Sales to Jessica in catering to the folks at the tiki bar! Everyone seemed to know I was the bride-to-be! My husband and I were upgraded for free, without even having asked to do so, and our entire stay was enjoyable.
All of our guests loved the hotel... we loved having 2 pools so that my husband and I could avoid seeing each other before the wedding. There were always plenty of chairs available and the pools were so clean.
I cannot say enough about the way our wedding and reception flowed so smoothly and perfectly. Jessica Young is by far the best coordinator I have ever come in contact with. She consistently went above and beyond what might be in her job description to assist me in finding local vendors, cleaners, etc. Angie also did the same in suggesting local spas and other services for me and my guests. The food at our reception was a big hit - we are still getting compliments on it!
My husband and I definitely plan to return (hopefully sooner rather than later) and make FWB a regular vacation spot - even if only for a long weekend. Holiday Inn was one of the friendliest hotels we've stayed at and you can't be the location - right on the white sandy beach and emerald green waters!
I would highly recommend this spot as a destination wedding location and hands-down say you will not find a better place to host your reception or other event!
Thank you Jessica, Angie, and all of the Holiday Inn staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach/Destin, Florida is a family oriented beachfront hotel tucked away from the Destin traffic on Okaloosa Island. No other location compares to the world's whitest beaches and emerald green waters. With fishing, golf courses, shopping, and other attractions nearby, you are sure to find a way to pass the sultry Florida days. Our full service resort features all the helpful amenities needed for a comfortable stay, including luxurious penthouses and one bedroom suites with kitchens. Romantic getaway? Our fabulous honeymoon suite presents cozy bedding in a warm setting and a deluxe view of the Gulf of Mexico from the Jacuzzi tub. Visit the Crab Island Cafe specializing in seafood entrees, or our seasonal poolside Manatee Grill & Bar. We haven't forgotten the business traveler or conventioneer. With 3,500 sq. Ft. Of meeting space, we are ideally suited to accommodate any function from a business conference to a wedding celebration. Relax, our professional event and catering staff can offer creative, budget-conscious ideas for a successful event. Want to add some fun to your day on the beach? Take advantage of all that is offered for free - bikes, ping pong, bingo by the pool, beach service with chairs and umbrella. Our Dive-in movies deliver drive-in quality in a wet atmosphere as our main pool becomes a cinema. Guest under the age of 24 must be accompanied by parent or guardian. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach Destin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach Hotel Fort Walton Beach
- Holiday Inn Fort Walton Beach
- Fort Walton Beach Holiday Inn