Our overall experience with this hotel was just OK. The staff was friendly and the beach is very nice. Also, the little tiki bar by the pool had great food and very friendly staff. But that's where the positives end. The hotel overall feels old like it was in need of an update about 20 ears ago but hasn't ever been updated. Housekeeping never cleaned our rooms - only replaced the towels. They never made the beds, vacuumed the sand up or wiped down the counters. We also had an issue with the front desk and hotel security not being on the same page. We asked the front desk if we could bring the bean bag toss game down to the beach, and they said we could. No one offered to help - the boards were very heavy and you have to walk up a big staircase to get to the beach. As soon as we got down there, the hotel security told us we had to bring it back up - again with no offer to help. When I went to tell the front desk, the guy just looked at me and said "Oh, that's weird." No apology or offer to rectify or talk to security. So overall, this hotel is just OK, and probably too expensive for what you get.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach/Destin, Florida is a family oriented beachfront hotel tucked away from the Destin traffic on Okaloosa Island. No other location compares to the world's whitest beaches and emerald green waters. With fishing, golf courses, shopping, and other attractions nearby, you are sure to find a way to pass the sultry Florida days. Our full service resort features all the helpful amenities needed for a comfortable stay, including luxurious penthouses and one bedroom suites with kitchens. Romantic getaway? Our fabulous honeymoon suite presents cozy bedding in a warm setting and a deluxe view of the Gulf of Mexico from the Jacuzzi tub. Visit the Crab Island Cafe specializing in seafood entrees, or our seasonal poolside Manatee Grill & Bar. We haven't forgotten the business traveler or conventioneer. With 3,500 sq. Ft. Of meeting space, we are ideally suited to accommodate any function from a business conference to a wedding celebration. Relax, our professional event and catering staff can offer creative, budget-conscious ideas for a successful event. Want to add some fun to your day on the beach? Take advantage of all that is offered for free - bikes, ping pong, bingo by the pool, beach service with chairs and umbrella. Our Dive-in movies deliver drive-in quality in a wet atmosphere as our main pool becomes a cinema. Guest under the age of 24 must be accompanied by parent or guardian. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Travelocity so you can book your Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach Destin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach Hotel Fort Walton Beach
- Holiday Inn Fort Walton Beach
- Fort Walton Beach Holiday Inn