We arrived knowing that we were not getting an ocean view room which was fine by us and were placed on the first floor in a corner room. We were a bit surprised when we saw the room. Basically, there was a four foot cement wall between us and the beach. It felt like we were staying in the basement of this hotel. I remember my wife on the phone talking to her sister saying,"yeah, they put us in the basement of the hotel". The room overall was in great condition. It was very clean and the room was huge. I'm guessing because it was a corner room. The bathroom was very small. The bathroom door almost touched the toilet when you opened it.
Another small issue that we had was these flying bugs. They looked like moths. At around 8pm in the evening, we decided to go to the pool. We opened the door and a few dozen moths instantly came into our room, flying everywhere. My wife and son freaked out. I immediately closed the door and realized the moths were hovering all around the outside wall light that was attached next to our door. I grabbed a towel and killed all of them. They were flying all over our beds, etc. I looked out the window at the lamp and saw a few hundred of them all over it. I opened the door again and another few dozen came in. I instantly shut the door again. We were basically stuck in our room due to these bugs. I came to the conclusion that they weren't going away. I had to go outside with my towel and killed all of them before my wife and son can come out.
The last issue I had at this this hotel (the most serious one) was the tile flooring that was outside. It had rained for a few hours and stopped. I went outside to grab something out of my car and almost slipped due to the wet tiles. I mean, I'm not a clumsy guy and I wasn't in a rush.The wet tiles were so slippery. I would have been seriously injured if I didn't find my balance. What if an elderly person or a child was walking on these wet tiles? The funny thing was, as soon as I slipped and caught myself, another gentleman saw me and warned me that these tiles were slippery. Please take care of this issue before someone gets seriously hurt.
Overall, the pool was nice, the staff was nice and the free beach chairs/umbrella was a nice option. I'm not sure if i would stay here again though.
This isn't related to your hotel but I'll share it anways. I just bought this cool "fort walton" tshirt and got it all wet. I decided to hang it outside on the cement wall for a few hours for it to dry. I went back for it and it disappeared. Someone stole it. How sad, it was only $7 at the store. And someone figured they needed to steal it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach/Destin, Florida is a family oriented beachfront hotel tucked away from the Destin traffic on Okaloosa Island. No other location compares to the world's whitest beaches and emerald green waters. With fishing, golf courses, shopping, and other attractions nearby, you are sure to find a way to pass the sultry Florida days. Our full service resort features all the helpful amenities needed for a comfortable stay, including luxurious penthouses and one bedroom suites with kitchens. Romantic getaway? Our fabulous honeymoon suite presents cozy bedding in a warm setting and a deluxe view of the Gulf of Mexico from the Jacuzzi tub. Visit the Crab Island Cafe specializing in seafood entrees, or our seasonal poolside Manatee Grill & Bar. We haven't forgotten the business traveler or conventioneer. With 3,500 sq. Ft. Of meeting space, we are ideally suited to accommodate any function from a business conference to a wedding celebration. Relax, our professional event and catering staff can offer creative, budget-conscious ideas for a successful event. Want to add some fun to your day on the beach? Take advantage of all that is offered for free - bikes, ping pong, bingo by the pool, beach service with chairs and umbrella. Our Dive-in movies deliver drive-in quality in a wet atmosphere as our main pool becomes a cinema. Guest under the age of 24 must be accompanied by parent or guardian. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach Destin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach Hotel Fort Walton Beach
- Holiday Inn Fort Walton Beach
- Fort Walton Beach Holiday Inn