“Very Nice Stay”

Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Atlanta, Ga
“Very Nice Stay”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Definitely a nice place for a vacation. Rooms were very clean and up to date. A/C, Fridge, hairdryer all worked. Hotel area was always clean. Pools weren't over crowded despite Spring Break week and they kept the free towels by the pool well stocked all the time. Beach was combed every morning.
The food at the restaurant and Tiki Bar was cooked just right. Plenty of room in the parking lot. Lots of luggage carts so you didn't have to wait. The elevators were quick up and down. The unlimited DVD rental came in handy on the rainy day we had. Destin is only a 10 minute drive away for other places to visit. Really overall everything went smoothly and family had a great time.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

WyndhamGardenFwb, Director of Sales at Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach Destin, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear our valued guest,

Receive our sincerest appreciation for your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to point out all the features of our property as it is. We look forward to future visits. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

Warm Regards,

Pedro.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Fort Walton Bea
Reviewed April 9, 2014

These are the issues that I addressed with the Assistant General Manager:

• the reservation process in general (giving personal information (including CC info) to an employee who gave me a PHONY reservation number: when I called back to confirm I was told I had no reservation)
• knowing that we were on our way and having 6 hours to accommodate us we checked into a room that was not properly cleaned by housekeeping
• dusting was never done in the room
• my kids slept on a sleeper sofa that was broken but due to room availability we dealt with it
• the television in the bedroom doesn't work properly
• stains on the carpet
• walls with damage that were just painted over instead of fixed properly
• not enough toilet paper for a family of 6
• and as I stated earlier, the room was never completely cleaned by housekeeping, it was partially done on both days but never COMPLETELY done

Some things that happened after the fact (late last night):

• the noise that was under our room was obnoxious. My kids were woken up 3 times based on the noise. I talked to Danny last night, he sent security but was ignored. I PERSONALLY stepped out to my balcony to tell the kids we were leaving in the morning and to please keep it down.
• no dishwasher detergent to clean or dishes, etc etc etc

My wife and I are completely disappointed with the fact that we did not get one night of a PERFECT stay, which is what guests should expect at $200 a night.

I would like to hear your side of why this all happened with you being the general manager along with an explanation of the employee that gave me the phony reservation number.

Just so tripadvisor knows..... the GM ignored this email and never responded to it.... Very unfortunate for a Wyndham Hotel

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

WyndhamGardenFwb, Director of Sales at Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach Destin, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear Our Valued Guest,

Thank you kindly for your feedback, and your communications. First, we want to thank you for choosing to stay with us. Through this public forum, we sincerely express our apologies for your inconveniences.

We sincerely value your business and feedback as in our culture guest's come first. Your feedback is already doing great benefit to our property as a training and improvement tools for all areas of dissatisfaction. We regret our communications did not reach you and welcome you to contact us at anytime if you wish to discuss this matter further.

Based on your feedback and communications we have failed our business culture and we would like to express once more our sincerest apologies for your situation. We put ourselves at the best disposition for any future reference. We at the Wyndham Garden will always be committed to guest satisfaction and despite your discontent, we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach
Sales & Marketing Department
Melbourne, Fl
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Excellent location - Okaloosa Island has little car traffic compared to the strip. Hotel staff friendly and courteous. Stayed here three times and will definitely return.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

WyndhamGardenFwb, Director of Sales at Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach Destin, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear our valued guest,

Thank you for taking from your busy time to provide such great feedback on our property. Our location does indeed give us a great traffic advantage from being on the strip. People can also avoid overcrowding on the beaches while staying with us. We look forward to your 4th stay here at the Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach!

Warm Regards,
North Georgia
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Subject: Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach
Location: Fort Walton Beach, Florida, United States, North America
Title: Horrible attitude and customer service
ID#: 199935624

This past weekend I experienced the worst check in at a hotel ever. We were denied check in at the Wyndham Garden. About 2 weeks ago I booked the trip via Tripadvisor reservations which prompted me to Getaroom.com to complete the reservation. I promptly received the email confirmation as per usual, my am ex charged the full amount and I assumed all was well for check-in. Thomas and Wesley were the desk clerks Friday night and they both were most unfriendly and unhelpful, requiring that I produce a "carbon copy" voucher of some sort before I could check in despite providing me providing them my reservation number and email from Getaroom.com via Tripadvisor reservations. They were disinterested in looking at my email confirmation on my phone and kept stating I needed to hand them a “voucher”. This all resulted in a 30 minute plus delay in checkin because of a window that popped up on their computer screen from TURICO, which is some third party that stated I must produce a voucher. Well after I reached someone from Getaroom.com, they promptly called Thomas and Wesley confirmed their fax number and faxed the EXACT confirmation sheet that I showed them on my phone. Finally I was allowed to check in.

I cannot recommend based on this experience this hotel for anyone visiting the Fort Walton Beach area. Stay away from these rude staff. I am still awaiting a response from De’Andria, supervisor at Getaroom.com for an explanation of the why this happened. One explanation I got from a Maria that night from Getaroom.com was the the staff at Wyndham failed to confirm the room with the third party company called TURICO. I will avoid getaroom.com from now on as well.

Despite all this, the accommodations were acceptable, though not stellar, the other staff we encountered more pleasant, and the family weekend worthwhile despite my niece’s cheerleading team not taking home the trophy they deserve.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank irrad
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to express a public apology for your experience at our property. We deeply regret when we are unable to meet our guests expectations and follow on with the values of our culture we strive so hard to uphold. We apologize for our requirements on the voucher reservations but would like to let you know that thanks to your feedback, we have reevaluated our procedures to better serve our guests. We have made our staff aware of your fee. If you would like to talk more about this situation, don't hesitate to give me a call directly at my office.

Despite your concerns, we sincerely appreciate your comments about our accommodations and our staff. We are sorry your niece's team did not take home the trophy they deserved but we know for a fact they did an awesome job on the competition! I'm certain they'll bring it home next year.

Once again, we appreciate your feedback, a valuable training tool for our operations, and we welcome you to return in the future so you can see our improvements based on your feedback.

-Pedro