These are the issues that I addressed with the Assistant General Manager:
• the reservation process in general (giving personal information (including CC info) to an employee who gave me a PHONY reservation number: when I called back to confirm I was told I had no reservation)
• knowing that we were on our way and having 6 hours to accommodate us we checked into a room that was not properly cleaned by housekeeping
• dusting was never done in the room
• my kids slept on a sleeper sofa that was broken but due to room availability we dealt with it
• the television in the bedroom doesn't work properly
• stains on the carpet
• walls with damage that were just painted over instead of fixed properly
• not enough toilet paper for a family of 6
• and as I stated earlier, the room was never completely cleaned by housekeeping, it was partially done on both days but never COMPLETELY done
Some things that happened after the fact (late last night):
• the noise that was under our room was obnoxious. My kids were woken up 3 times based on the noise. I talked to Danny last night, he sent security but was ignored. I PERSONALLY stepped out to my balcony to tell the kids we were leaving in the morning and to please keep it down.
• no dishwasher detergent to clean or dishes, etc etc etc
My wife and I are completely disappointed with the fact that we did not get one night of a PERFECT stay, which is what guests should expect at $200 a night.
I would like to hear your side of why this all happened with you being the general manager along with an explanation of the employee that gave me the phony reservation number.
Just so tripadvisor knows..... the GM ignored this email and never responded to it.... Very unfortunate for a Wyndham Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach/Destin, Florida is a family oriented beachfront hotel tucked away from the Destin traffic on Okaloosa Island. No other location compares to the world's whitest beaches and emerald green waters. With fishing, golf courses, shopping, and other attractions nearby, you are sure to find a way to pass the sultry Florida days. Our full service resort features all the helpful amenities needed for a comfortable stay, including luxurious penthouses and one bedroom suites with kitchens. Romantic getaway? Our fabulous honeymoon suite presents cozy bedding in a warm setting and a deluxe view of the Gulf of Mexico from the Jacuzzi tub. Visit the Crab Island Cafe specializing in seafood entrees, or our seasonal poolside Manatee Grill & Bar. We haven't forgotten the business traveler or conventioneer. With 3,500 sq. Ft. Of meeting space, we are ideally suited to accommodate any function from a business conference to a wedding celebration. Relax, our professional event and catering staff can offer creative, budget-conscious ideas for a successful event. Want to add some fun to your day on the beach? Take advantage of all that is offered for free - bikes, ping pong, bingo by the pool, beach service with chairs and umbrella. Our Dive-in movies deliver drive-in quality in a wet atmosphere as our main pool becomes a cinema. Guest under the age of 24 must be accompanied by parent or guardian. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach Destin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach Hotel Fort Walton Beach
- Holiday Inn Fort Walton Beach
- Fort Walton Beach Holiday Inn