WINNER WONDERLAND

“A fine and comfortable stay.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach Destin

Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach Destin
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Cleveland, Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

We spent 3 nights at the Wyndham Garden in Fort Walton beach and was very disappointed by the rudeness of hotel staff, the cleanliness of the suite, comfort, and overall customer service. The hotel turns the air conditioning off to all rooms. When asked to turn it on the reply was "no one else has complained" A hotel room that is 85 degrees is not comfortable. And it stayed that way for all 3 days of our stay. We were unable to enjoy the sounds of the waves and the peacefulness of being on the beach due to the blaring music by the pool that plays 24 hours a day; which also interrupted our sleep. We complained that the music was to loud and once again we got the same response "no one else has complained. And the volume of music was never turned down. The blow drier in the bathroom did not work , nor did the microwave. We have been vacationing in the Destin Fort Walton Beach area for over 30 years and this was by far the worse experience ever! We will definitely continue to vacation in the area but not at the Wyndham Garden!

Room Tip: The rooms in Building B have an excellent view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Ginger H
holidayinnresort, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach Destin, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Ms. Ginger;

Beside my reply to your e-mail, I would like to publicly apologize for the inconvenience, which you were subject to while you stayed with us. On the other hand, I would like to thank you for having taken time to share your feedback with me. It is very valuable to me and my staff. I would like to address your concerns as follows: First, It is true that our suites are on central unit system. This becomes only an issue when the outside temperature varies. I would like to clarify that the thermostat simply controls off and on position, not the degree. Nonetheless, each of our standard rooms has its own heating and cooling system. Next time, I will ensure that we present you both options.

Secondly, I already reiterate to the maintenance team, based on your feedback, to turn off the pool radio by 7:00 PM. Furthermore, I evaluated the amenities and the service issues with each department by taking immediate actions to rectify them and to avoid any re-occurrence..

Third, our culture is embedded in the spirit of providing great quality of service to our guests through our ambassadors, our staff. Our ultimate goal is to create the reality that our guests have expected during and after reservations are booked until check-out. For, we have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to employees’ rudeness. Numerous positive surveys in this site underline our passion for delivering great guest' service. Ms. Ginger,
Please help me identify any staff member who was being rude to you; so, I can take disciplinary actions immediately. I value your business and appreciate your feedback as it provides my team and myself a training tool toward the continued improvement of our guest' satisfaction.

Ms. Ginger, Based on your scenario, we failed our culture and your expectations. Thus, I would please ask you to give me a call at 850-244-8686, so we can discuss this further.. I hope you will not let these isolated incidents deter you from coming back to experience the corrective actions taken..

I am looking forwarding to hearing from you..

Best regards,
Seminole
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

This place was not up to my standards hence only a 1 night stay.If you sat on front edge of bed this matress in back went up 2 feet into air.Behind bed by nightstands had a lot of dirt and dead bugs.It is need of a remodel

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Pedro C, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach Destin, responded to this review, April 5, 2016
Dear Robert S,

I am very sorry we were not up to your standards during your visit. We have since replaced our mattresses and stepped up our game in all areas. It would be a pleasure to welcome you once more to experience these changes. Thank you kindly for your feedback.

Best Regards,