We spent a couple of nights while traveling the panhandle and while it was not top notch is was not bad. There are some maintenance issues. Balcony doors are worn for example and the A/C unit was an apparent upgrade but doesn't fit the old housing. Not a major deal breaker but food for thought. Housekeeping seemed a bit haphazard as well with some dishes being left and others taken. Not a real big deal but not consistent. The 2 pools were nice but we would have liked to have one adult and one child pool. The kids seemed to enjoy running back and forth between the 2 which could be a little noisy at times. The beach is a big plus. They set up an umbrella and 2 chairs for you and, if there's none available, they'll set up more. It was a great system. We didn't eat there but did stop for an after dinner cocktail one night. I realize the hotel caters to mostly families with children but really, the lounge was like sitting at a Denny's for breakfast. No attempt at atmosphere. Again, this is probably not the demographic they're aiming for so not a priority for them. Given the minor shortcomings noted I felt the price was more of a premium than perhaps it deserved. OK place but I might shop around more if I were extending my stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach/Destin, Florida is a family oriented beachfront hotel tucked away from the Destin traffic on Okaloosa Island. No other location compares to the world's whitest beaches and emerald green waters. With fishing, golf courses, shopping, and other attractions nearby, you are sure to find a way to pass the sultry Florida days. Our full service resort features all the helpful amenities needed for a comfortable stay, including luxurious penthouses and one bedroom suites with kitchens. Romantic getaway? Our fabulous honeymoon suite presents cozy bedding in a warm setting and a deluxe view of the Gulf of Mexico from the Jacuzzi tub. Visit the Crab Island Cafe specializing in seafood entrees, or our seasonal poolside Manatee Grill & Bar. We haven't forgotten the business traveler or conventioneer. With 3,500 sq. Ft. Of meeting space, we are ideally suited to accommodate any function from a business conference to a wedding celebration. Relax, our professional event and catering staff can offer creative, budget-conscious ideas for a successful event. Want to add some fun to your day on the beach? Take advantage of all that is offered for free - bikes, ping pong, bingo by the pool, beach service with chairs and umbrella. Our Dive-in movies deliver drive-in quality in a wet atmosphere as our main pool becomes a cinema. Guest under the age of 24 must be accompanied by parent or guardian. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach Destin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach Hotel Fort Walton Beach
- Holiday Inn Fort Walton Beach
- Fort Walton Beach Holiday Inn