Stayed here for 4 nights - great location. I was expecting something much nicer but was satisfied overall. The hotel is old and definitely needs some upgrades - I couldn't tell if my room had been upgraded or not. The beds were not as comfy as I had hoped for but I still got decent nights sleep. Had a nice view of the gulf from our room with a balcony. The balcony door needs replacing - its definitely an old door, there are a lot of gaps around it and it leaks air. It was cold in the evening which made it cold in the room. It also allowed the noise from the pool area to creep into the room. Maybe some weather stripping would solve the problem. Also, the curtains did not cover the window above the door so bright sunlight poured into the room in the morning. The lobby and dining area was very nice. I especially like that they offer Free WiFi, no resort fees, Free DVD movie rentals and ample FREE parking. Front desk staff was very friendly and accomodating.
Elevators could definitely use an upgrade or at least a really good cleaning.
I would stay here again just because of the location on the gulf.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach/Destin, Florida is a family oriented beachfront hotel tucked away from the Destin traffic on Okaloosa Island. No other location compares to the world's whitest beaches and emerald green waters. With fishing, golf courses, shopping, and other attractions nearby, you are sure to find a way to pass the sultry Florida days. Our full service resort features all the helpful amenities needed for a comfortable stay, including luxurious penthouses and one bedroom suites with kitchens. Romantic getaway? Our fabulous honeymoon suite presents cozy bedding in a warm setting and a deluxe view of the Gulf of Mexico from the Jacuzzi tub. Visit the Crab Island Cafe specializing in seafood entrees, or our seasonal poolside Manatee Grill & Bar. We haven't forgotten the business traveler or conventioneer. With 3,500 sq. Ft. Of meeting space, we are ideally suited to accommodate any function from a business conference to a wedding celebration. Relax, our professional event and catering staff can offer creative, budget-conscious ideas for a successful event. Want to add some fun to your day on the beach? Take advantage of all that is offered for free - bikes, ping pong, bingo by the pool, beach service with chairs and umbrella. Our Dive-in movies deliver drive-in quality in a wet atmosphere as our main pool becomes a cinema. Guest under the age of 24 must be accompanied by parent or guardian. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach Destin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach Hotel Fort Walton Beach
- Holiday Inn Fort Walton Beach
- Fort Walton Beach Holiday Inn