“Filthy” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Fort Walton Beach

You added Days Inn Fort Walton Beach to your Saves list
Days Inn Fort Walton Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   135 Miracle Strip Parkway SW, Hwy 85 & US 98 West, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #23 of 31 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Baltimore
“Filthy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Dirty, musty, out-dated rooms that have a very strong smoke odor despite being "non- smoking" rooms.

The rooms look nothing like the photos posted by days inn.

It was odd to us that the first room they gave us was a "non-smoking" room but smelled like a smoky bar. They offered to bring in a deodorizer, prior to offering us a new room, strange since the motel was empty. Then, the room we were given next was musty.

• Stayed November 2012

Chattanooga, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

While the guest rooms were fairly clean, I did notice some stains on the bedding as well as, the bathroom could have used a deeper cleaning. The carpeting within the man area of the room appeared used and dirty in some spots. Our rooms had been "pre-paid" for in full so I also did not like the motel policy of running a required fee of $25.00 to your respective credit card (upon check in) and this was not disclosed at the time that the reservations were confirmed. Upon check out, the Front Desk Clerk informed me that I could expect a refund of the $25.00 within 3-6 business days which in my opinion, allows the Motel owner to play the "float" on my money. Probably would NOT refer my valued friends to this Motel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Great stay.. The hotel was newly rehab rooms in excellent condition.. Inn keeepers we very professional, made fantastic suggeations for dinner. Outside clean neat and very secure. Dog friendly, nice pool which made the stay very relaxing.... Maid service was outstanding... Great people running a great hotel.. Nice breakfast provided. I would suggest staying there has easy access to rhe gulf

Thanks

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank ckokkeler
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I'll speak to the contrary of some of these negative reviews as I am currently staying at this hotel in said room 227! Apparently they have resolved the issues with this room as I find it quite comfortable, no mold, mice, critters, etc. The room was clean and the beds comfy. The people who work the desk are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast consisted of nothing special, donuts, coffee, muffins, and juice, as I would expect for the great price per night I received. This isn't the Hilton folks but it is a great place to lay your head a night, shower and hit the beach in the morning. Kudos to Linley! Thanks for your advice about places to see and things to do in town! You're awesome!

Brian G

Room Tip: Nothing to add.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Stayed here for 3 days. Good location on Miracle Strip and priced well, however, we had several problems, including being charged some random hotel fee which should not have been done because we booked on hotels.com.
There were hairs in the bed, bathroom, and floor. The shower drain was clogged and had to ask for help twice. The toilette also would get backed up VERY easy.
When i got home I noticed a fee on my statement from them. I called and they said it was some hotel fee something-or-another. I told them you all cannot just randomly charge me a fee after I had booked and paid in full on hotels.com. He finally said he would refund it. Hmmmmm
Your stay does come with breakfast, but its not really breakfast. Its more like a sugar fix. So yea, they need to throw in some fruits or something healthful.

Room Tip: Guess this is the price you pay for saving a buck.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Gringoloco2011

Travelers are raving about these Fort Walton Beach hotels

Arnold, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Ok I have pictures on my phone I'll try to upload !! Nasty so first room we were put in 227 door didn't shut right ceiling had a big hole in it and black stuff that looked like feces the mirror had black spots on it . I asked to be moved because I was frankly scared with the door not shutting right. So they did promptly move us when I asked to 203. Ok that room was "better" it was their newly " remodeled " room new beds new counter tops. New paint on one side of wall that's it!!!!! Mold all over bathroom wall the shower cap fell off wires hanging from phone jack or what was left of it. Bathroom floor corner had dirt grime piled up . We only stayed 2 nights and left we only came to room to sleep. Oh as we where leaving a roach was on the wall!!! The laundry was get this ..... Outside !!! A washer and dryer out side!!! Breakfast .....ok checked in at 3pm breakfast area not clean I took pics cereal on counters pancake mix all over counters . Breakfast consist of nothing hot!! Except a too old waffle maker They have 2 kids of muffins 2 kinds of mini donuts chocolate and powder sliced bread watered down juice you couldn't drink ! I normally don't write bad reviews
but it's ashame that days inn allows them to use their name!!!! Days inn in Alabama was clean with a hot breakfast eggs sausage biscuts. My advise read trip adviser see what people are seeing. I'm calling the corp office and sending the pics I took to them!! I only gave 2 stars cause there was some food to eat other wise it would get a 1. Oh FYI we did get the room it shows online with the beds. Didnt show rest of room!!!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank messmer123
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

First of all I must say the manager/owner and his wife are extremely Rude! This days inn obviously has a problem with mice because when I called about it to the front desk the associate came to my room I thought to help, only to put mouse traps in and ignore my request for a room change. I called down to the front desk this morning to be told they can move my room even though I'm checking out in 3 hours. I called corporate only to find I still am not being accommodated! I do not recommend for anyone to stay at this property besides the mouse there are noisy people in the walkway constantly running up and down the halls disrupting many if not all the rooms. Definately go elsewhere!! This hotel is gross!

• Stayed August 2012