“good location and affordable but not so clean and added charges” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Fort Walton Beach

Days Inn Fort Walton Beach
Ranked #23 of 31 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Houston, Texas
“good location and affordable but not so clean and added charges”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Stayed here for 3 days. Good location on Miracle Strip and priced well, however, we had several problems, including being charged some random hotel fee which should not have been done because we booked on hotels.com.
There were hairs in the bed, bathroom, and floor. The shower drain was clogged and had to ask for help twice. The toilette also would get backed up VERY easy.
When i got home I noticed a fee on my statement from them. I called and they said it was some hotel fee something-or-another. I told them you all cannot just randomly charge me a fee after I had booked and paid in full on hotels.com. He finally said he would refund it. Hmmmmm
Your stay does come with breakfast, but its not really breakfast. Its more like a sugar fix. So yea, they need to throw in some fruits or something healthful.

Room Tip: Guess this is the price you pay for saving a buck.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Gringoloco2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Arnold, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Ok I have pictures on my phone I'll try to upload !! Nasty so first room we were put in 227 door didn't shut right ceiling had a big hole in it and black stuff that looked like feces the mirror had black spots on it . I asked to be moved because I was frankly scared with the door not shutting right. So they did promptly move us when I asked to 203. Ok that room was "better" it was their newly " remodeled " room new beds new counter tops. New paint on one side of wall that's it!!!!! Mold all over bathroom wall the shower cap fell off wires hanging from phone jack or what was left of it. Bathroom floor corner had dirt grime piled up . We only stayed 2 nights and left we only came to room to sleep. Oh as we where leaving a roach was on the wall!!! The laundry was get this ..... Outside !!! A washer and dryer out side!!! Breakfast .....ok checked in at 3pm breakfast area not clean I took pics cereal on counters pancake mix all over counters . Breakfast consist of nothing hot!! Except a too old waffle maker They have 2 kids of muffins 2 kinds of mini donuts chocolate and powder sliced bread watered down juice you couldn't drink ! I normally don't write bad reviews
but it's ashame that days inn allows them to use their name!!!! Days inn in Alabama was clean with a hot breakfast eggs sausage biscuts. My advise read trip adviser see what people are seeing. I'm calling the corp office and sending the pics I took to them!! I only gave 2 stars cause there was some food to eat other wise it would get a 1. Oh FYI we did get the room it shows online with the beds. Didnt show rest of room!!!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank messmer123
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

First of all I must say the manager/owner and his wife are extremely Rude! This days inn obviously has a problem with mice because when I called about it to the front desk the associate came to my room I thought to help, only to put mouse traps in and ignore my request for a room change. I called down to the front desk this morning to be told they can move my room even though I'm checking out in 3 hours. I called corporate only to find I still am not being accommodated! I do not recommend for anyone to stay at this property besides the mouse there are noisy people in the walkway constantly running up and down the halls disrupting many if not all the rooms. Definately go elsewhere!! This hotel is gross!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Jrod954
Panama City, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I purchased my room from hotels.com and when I got there the manager had me authorize a $35.00 charge on my credit card for "incidentals". He later told me stole things from the room frequently, and that my account would be credited in a few days, or in my case the "soft debit" would just drop off. Upon checking out, I asked the clerk for a statement. and he said he could not give me one, as there no charges. Two days later a charge appeared on my checking statement.
Also, someone was parked in the handicapped parking and I asked the manager if they enforced the parking, as my husband is on oxygen and he had to walk a distance, and the person who taking the spot was young and obviously NOT handicapped, and had no sticker. He laughed it off, and stated that he left it up to patrolling police to enforce.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Metairie, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We pulled into the Days Inn after pricing other hotels on Hwy. 85. After receiving the quote we decided to check in. Brand new Serta mattresses, flat screen televisions, a serviceable pool, excellent and friendly staff plus the free breakfast were just a few of the perks that made us feel good about spending our money here.

Proximity to shopping, restaurants and the beautiful beach became the cherries on top of our experience. We recommend it to budget conscious travelers that want cleanliness and safety. They even cleaned the scraps of paper in the parking lot every day!

We never once worried for the safety of our vehicle either. This is a nice place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank D D
Enterprise, Al
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stayed here for july 4th. It was around 140 dollars. We expected it to be a dump. It had a small pool and a few breakfast idems included. You get what you pay for. Overall, not a dump.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Smells gross. Managment is awful. Not nice people. Terrible customer service. Days inn had lost my business for life.

• Stayed June 2012
      Cleanliness
, Manager at Days Inn Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
Thank you for your response. We have taken necessary steps to eliminating odors in the rooms.