New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Days Inn Fort Walton Beach

Days Inn Fort Walton Beach
Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Panama City, Florida
“Overpriced, Overcharged Beware extra charges”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

I purchased my room from hotels.com and when I got there the manager had me authorize a $35.00 charge on my credit card for "incidentals". He later told me stole things from the room frequently, and that my account would be credited in a few days, or in my case the "soft debit" would just drop off. Upon checking out, I asked the clerk for a statement. and he said he could not give me one, as there no charges. Two days later a charge appeared on my checking statement.
Also, someone was parked in the handicapped parking and I asked the manager if they enforced the parking, as my husband is on oxygen and he had to walk a distance, and the person who taking the spot was young and obviously NOT handicapped, and had no sticker. He laughed it off, and stated that he left it up to patrolling police to enforce.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Metairie, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

We pulled into the Days Inn after pricing other hotels on Hwy. 85. After receiving the quote we decided to check in. Brand new Serta mattresses, flat screen televisions, a serviceable pool, excellent and friendly staff plus the free breakfast were just a few of the perks that made us feel good about spending our money here.

Proximity to shopping, restaurants and the beautiful beach became the cherries on top of our experience. We recommend it to budget conscious travelers that want cleanliness and safety. They even cleaned the scraps of paper in the parking lot every day!

We never once worried for the safety of our vehicle either. This is a nice place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank D D
Enterprise, Al
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stayed here for july 4th. It was around 140 dollars. We expected it to be a dump. It had a small pool and a few breakfast idems included. You get what you pay for. Overall, not a dump.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

Smells gross. Managment is awful. Not nice people. Terrible customer service. Days inn had lost my business for life.

Cleanliness
, Manager at Days Inn Fort Walton Beach, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
Thank you for your response. We have taken necessary steps to eliminating odors in the rooms.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

For the love of god don't stay here ever! Save yourself the trouble. Honestly the worst customer service I have ever encountered. Their cancellation policy is they don't have a cancellation policy and forget about talking to a manager. On top of that the "last" king they swindled me into was actually occupied when we arrived and we were put in an extremely foul smelling 2 full room. The experience was so bad my wife and I didn't finish out the night. We checked out and headed to Pensacola.

Fort Walton Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

We have traveled for 27 years, this is the worst place we have ever stayed at!!!!
MOLD everywhere, walls, light switches, floors, microwave, sink, shower, around base of tub!!
Manager is so RUDE, they do NOT know and thing about customer service.
They put extra charges on your credit card and refuse to remove them. We had to contact our credit card and dispute the charges!!! DO NOT stay at this hotel!!! STINKS. I have pics of all the MOLD !!! They even took our personal pillows and said sorry they are in laundry!!!! Really our pillows. They gave us 2 crappy pillows, we NEVER got ours back!!!!! Nasty nasty nasty!!!!! We asked to move rooms, no you got a really good rate. ! We are also caling corporate on Monday to
report how bad this hotel is!!!!! Our door did not close, smoke alarm hanging off wall. I have pics of everything.
6-17-12

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

This hotel is dirty and not updated at all. I found a huge roach in my bathroom

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your response. Terminex comes every month to spray our rooms; however, they have started coming twice a month durning our summer season.