Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
“Not so much!”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

The hotel as a whole left a lot to be desired. I was expecting a great experience and I left disappointed. The furniture on the balcony was old and ripped, the headboard of the bed smacked against the wall every time you sat in it and there was no wireless like they describe. On top of that My fiancé was here on a business trip with a meeting the morning of the day we left. I requested a late checkout since I would have no car and anywhere to go. I got 30 minutes and was told they were full for the night. I decided to check that for myself and went online to reserve a room. To my surprise I was able I reserve a room, so much for being full and not being able to offer extended checkout. My issue is only partial to not accommodating my request, but mostly the lie. That's unacceptable!

• Stayed October 2012
GaryJoh, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for taking time out and sharing your experience with us. To be totally candid, we are in the process of replacing some of the balcony chair sets that are dated. Most of the chair sets have been replaced with still a few not completed due to back-order. We do anticipate this project to be completed soon. The other item noted with "late checkout / lie" seems alittle extreme, noting many factors relating to your room type, location etc could have indeed been booked. When you go on-line as you did to reserve a room that does not necessarily match with the existing room type you may have occupied. Example: you were occupying a King Suite, our agents noted that we could not extend you past a certain time frame so that we could prepare the room for the new incoming guest who has the same expectations of having their room type ready on arrival. When you search on line it may indeed show some room types available, but as you then ask for a specific room type in this case King Suite, it will deny the request but still another room type may be available. We understand It is frustrating at times when you may want to extend your stay several hours and a hotel cannot accommodate that request. If we can further assist you please feel free to contact me.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My overall opinion of this hotel is it's a cheap hotel trying to play as an upscale hotel. If you're expecting a luxury vacation room look elsewhere. The location of the hotel itself is alright however they only offer queen beds on the water. The parking is a disaster. I'd guess one spot for every 10 rooms. The bathtub didn't drain so you could take a bath from the water in the tub by the time your shower was done. The shampoo and conditioner provided was half full making me think it was used by previous guests and not replaced. The wireless access they claim is not wireless at all, only in the lobby can you use two laptops at once. In the room there is one hookup. The chairs on the balcony were falling apart and the tabletop filled with cracks. The toilet paper is one ply which is a big deal to me.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to respond to your concerns. The Starwood Brand has many Hotel Catergories such as the St. Regis, Westin, Sheraton, the W hotel and several more hotels that fits a specific market or clientele. The Four Points is favored by many as a specific brand and in our case a specific location. You are correct we are not a luxury hotel and do not advertise that notion. Our success is due to our brand integrity and the accommodation and services rendered over-all. By reviewing the majority of guest comments, they would confirm our product and services are amoung the best in the Gulf Coast. There are times when our parking is challenging due to our hotel being full but clearly there is ample parking available not always necessarily adjacent to a specific guest room. Wireless internet has been an issue with our carrier and we do appologize for the times when signals are weak. The good news ,is that we have contracted with the best wireless service company available in the hotel industry to correct our issues. If there is anything else we can do in the future please do not hesitate to contact us.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We just got back from the Sheraton. We had a FABULOUS STAY!!...We stayed on the 6th floor at the beachfront room...It was very spacious!! Had a full size frig and a wet bar with great beds and a balcony overlooking unbelievable views. The kiwi bar is open on Friday and Saturdays now. Great drinks. We had breakfast one morning at the Sheraton and it was great. The staff went over and beyond. No it is not the Ritz but the staff and location could not have been better and the room was totally new and redone. Go to High Tide to eat fresh seafood which is located to the left behind the waffle house. We also went to a place called Helen back on the harbor which was so fun and had a great atmosphere. Night time we went to AJ's for live music with the Blackeyed Blonde band. Overall it was great. I think it is a must to stay in the beachfront rooms which is a seperate building. The other building looked little worn and behind the beachfront with a pool and hot tub..Prob ok but loved seeing the dolphins in the morning. Great location, staff and room...!!!

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms in seperate building a must with covered parking.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GaryJoh, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback, our hotel does rank high within our market and it's due to the owners keeping up the product along with the sincere attitude of our associates in treating everyone as a family menber or close friend. I will post this review in each department so they can see the benefits of their hard work. Thank again and best wishes in your travels, Gary Johnson, GM
Enterprise Alabama
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband is a musician and son is an actor so needless to say we travel a lot. This is by far one of the best hotels we have stayed in. This is of course not a fancy brand spanking new one but it gives me that old school vibe that I stayed at when I was younger. I love the option of the courtyard 2 story units or the 6 floor tower gulf front units. This was our second stay and we were in the corner suite this time. Absolutely gorgeous. Love the fact that there are 2 pools to choose from. Housekeeping was amazing, staff was so gracious and polite. Even the groundskeeper took time out of his work and answered a question I had, without hesitation and with kindness. This will be the only hotel we ever stay in while in Destin/Fort Walton area!

Room Tip: Gulf front rooms are in large tower but if you don't like heights you can choose one of the cour...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Carla36330
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 14, 2012

As far as location goes, this hotel is perfect. You are right on the beach and away from the craziness that is now Destin. You're also right down the street from a Publix (grocery) and other places to grab things you might need.

There's more than one building and I stayed in the main oceanfront building so I can only speak to that but the rooms seemed a little run down compared to what I would expected considering how much I paid! It certainly wasn't BAD - again - just didn't really meet expectations. I would also expect for this price that I would get space on the beach but instead your only option is to pay another $25 - $40 for an umbrella and chair rental.

That said, the service was very good overall. I would probably stay again if I could find a sale on the room but it isn't like I am super excited about this hotel either.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank mrsbarnes22
GaryJoh, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
I appreciate you sharing your recent experiences with us. The guest tower rooms where you were located, were recently renovated in 2011 and far surpass our competitors in the area. We are though completing the corriders and walkways adjacent to these rooms and will complete that portion the first quarter of 2013. We are also just completing the upgraded bedding package through out the property. Beach chairs are available for rent with two chairs and a 9 foot unbrella just 10 feet from the emerald gulf beach. The cost is $30 per set which is actually less than our competitors. There are room packages available on-line that do include the beach chair set up, included in the price. Thank you again for staying with us and giving you the opportunity of responding back to you with updates about our full-service beachfront hotel.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed October 13, 2012

A few weeks ago I stayed in this hotel and I was pleasantly surprised with how close it was to the water. I stayed in room 219, which had a lovely balcony overlooking the gardens, and enjoyed walking to the beach after work. I was there for a week, and since I just signed up for their hotel points, had a paper delivered to my room everyday but the weekends. Little things like daily paper delivery is being lost at big hotels. This is smaller and ALL of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I forgot my razor and the front desk gave me one for free. The maid was very nice and cleaned the room each day replacing anything that was used. I ate at the Dempsey Bar inside the hotel and they had some of the best crab bisque I had eaten in a long time and I am from the coast! The other nice part about this hotel is that it was located a few hotels down from the pier and the Crab Shack which has great sweet tea and seafood. You could walk down the beach in your bikini and walk up on there dock and have food while watching locals play volleyball - awesome! The last day I was there the dolphins were swimming in the water about 30 feet from me and it made my trip just perfect. Highly recommend this hotel for convenience, low cost, beautiful grounds, and daily breakfast buffet that was very lovely and not continental.

Room Tip: Room 219 was not ocean front but you could see the ocean from your front door. The balcony was love...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Snailgirl007
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We have been to this Four Points many times and LOVE it. The people are friendly, especially John at the Kiki Bar and Grill which unfortunately stops operating in the winter months. However, the breakfast buffet where we are usually warmly greeted by Carmen is a delicious way to start your day. Rent a beach chair and umbrella ! It is so worth the extra $ and allows you to be by the beach many more hours. The beach itself is the real draw- such fine white sand and blue ocean. On a sunny day it just doesn't get any better than this. The landscaping is beautiful year-round and late Sept/early Oct. as well as late April/ early May are our favorite times because the crowds aren't there. The reason I gave the spa/whirlpool a poor rating is that it is often out of order.

Room Tip: Stay if at all possible in the oceanfront rooms. They are much larger and you can sit out on the ba...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Peggy G
Great guest feedback and thank you for noting the spa/whirlpool area as an area so we could respond back with some good news. to be candid with you the hot tub is operational on most days but from time to time it is necessary to make repairs as needed to keep up with the demand. But here we have some really good news and that is, we are constructing a brand new hot tub area located adjacent to the north pool. This new hot tub will comply with all federal and local requirements along with the new ADA rules of operations. So please give us another opportuity to serve you in the future with so many new improvements ownership is putting in place we are excited about exceeding guests expectations in all areas for your enjoyment.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Walton Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton B...
#1 of 29 in Fort Walton Beach
Best Western Ft. Walton Beachfront
Best Western Ft. Walton Beachfro...
#2 of 29 in Fort Walton Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,230 reviews
Courtyard Fort Walton Beach-West Destin
Courtyard Fort Walton Beach-West...
#8 of 29 in Fort Walton Beach
Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach
Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach
#4 of 29 in Fort Walton Beach
Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walt...
#3 of 29 in Fort Walton Beach

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach? Share your experiences!