“One of the best hotels i've EVER stayed at!”

Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Enterprise Alabama
“One of the best hotels i've EVER stayed at!”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband is a musician and son is an actor so needless to say we travel a lot. This is by far one of the best hotels we have stayed in. This is of course not a fancy brand spanking new one but it gives me that old school vibe that I stayed at when I was younger. I love the option of the courtyard 2 story units or the 6 floor tower gulf front units. This was our second stay and we were in the corner suite this time. Absolutely gorgeous. Love the fact that there are 2 pools to choose from. Housekeeping was amazing, staff was so gracious and polite. Even the groundskeeper took time out of his work and answered a question I had, without hesitation and with kindness. This will be the only hotel we ever stay in while in Destin/Fort Walton area!

Room Tip: Gulf front rooms are in large tower but if you don't like heights you can choose one of the cour...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Carla36330

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 14, 2012

As far as location goes, this hotel is perfect. You are right on the beach and away from the craziness that is now Destin. You're also right down the street from a Publix (grocery) and other places to grab things you might need.

There's more than one building and I stayed in the main oceanfront building so I can only speak to that but the rooms seemed a little run down compared to what I would expected considering how much I paid! It certainly wasn't BAD - again - just didn't really meet expectations. I would also expect for this price that I would get space on the beach but instead your only option is to pay another $25 - $40 for an umbrella and chair rental.

That said, the service was very good overall. I would probably stay again if I could find a sale on the room but it isn't like I am super excited about this hotel either.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank mrsbarnes22
GaryJoh, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
I appreciate you sharing your recent experiences with us. The guest tower rooms where you were located, were recently renovated in 2011 and far surpass our competitors in the area. We are though completing the corriders and walkways adjacent to these rooms and will complete that portion the first quarter of 2013. We are also just completing the upgraded bedding package through out the property. Beach chairs are available for rent with two chairs and a 9 foot unbrella just 10 feet from the emerald gulf beach. The cost is $30 per set which is actually less than our competitors. There are room packages available on-line that do include the beach chair set up, included in the price. Thank you again for staying with us and giving you the opportunity of responding back to you with updates about our full-service beachfront hotel.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed October 13, 2012

A few weeks ago I stayed in this hotel and I was pleasantly surprised with how close it was to the water. I stayed in room 219, which had a lovely balcony overlooking the gardens, and enjoyed walking to the beach after work. I was there for a week, and since I just signed up for their hotel points, had a paper delivered to my room everyday but the weekends. Little things like daily paper delivery is being lost at big hotels. This is smaller and ALL of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I forgot my razor and the front desk gave me one for free. The maid was very nice and cleaned the room each day replacing anything that was used. I ate at the Dempsey Bar inside the hotel and they had some of the best crab bisque I had eaten in a long time and I am from the coast! The other nice part about this hotel is that it was located a few hotels down from the pier and the Crab Shack which has great sweet tea and seafood. You could walk down the beach in your bikini and walk up on there dock and have food while watching locals play volleyball - awesome! The last day I was there the dolphins were swimming in the water about 30 feet from me and it made my trip just perfect. Highly recommend this hotel for convenience, low cost, beautiful grounds, and daily breakfast buffet that was very lovely and not continental.

Room Tip: Room 219 was not ocean front but you could see the ocean from your front door. The balcony was love...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Snailgirl007
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We have been to this Four Points many times and LOVE it. The people are friendly, especially John at the Kiki Bar and Grill which unfortunately stops operating in the winter months. However, the breakfast buffet where we are usually warmly greeted by Carmen is a delicious way to start your day. Rent a beach chair and umbrella ! It is so worth the extra $ and allows you to be by the beach many more hours. The beach itself is the real draw- such fine white sand and blue ocean. On a sunny day it just doesn't get any better than this. The landscaping is beautiful year-round and late Sept/early Oct. as well as late April/ early May are our favorite times because the crowds aren't there. The reason I gave the spa/whirlpool a poor rating is that it is often out of order.

Room Tip: Stay if at all possible in the oceanfront rooms. They are much larger and you can sit out on the ba...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Peggy G
Great guest feedback and thank you for noting the spa/whirlpool area as an area so we could respond back with some good news. to be candid with you the hot tub is operational on most days but from time to time it is necessary to make repairs as needed to keep up with the demand. But here we have some really good news and that is, we are constructing a brand new hot tub area located adjacent to the north pool. This new hot tub will comply with all federal and local requirements along with the new ADA rules of operations. So please give us another opportuity to serve you in the future with so many new improvements ownership is putting in place we are excited about exceeding guests expectations in all areas for your enjoyment.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Like many hotels right on a beach, the hotel is a little worn, but it is clean. Good for families with refrigerator/microwave. The beach is beautiful. You have to pay to rent beach chairs and umbrellas though. On the other hand, you can reserve your chairs in advance and not have to worry about how early you get to the beach! The free breakfast buffet was a good one. The food was great and the service was even better. All of the staff were great, front desk, bar and breakfast staff. There are two pools, both on the small side, one faces the gulf. Once more, the beach is beautiful! You won't be disappointed here.

Room Tip: People are suggesting a beach view room, but none of the rooms is far from the beach.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank NAmStuck
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We have attended are reunion year in the past years and always have a geat time. At check in we requested that are rooms be changed from the Tower to Court Yard and Brandy had no problems of doing this for us. She was diffently very professional in her job as well as other staff members we in counters. The food was great and plenty of it. Looking forward to coming back here next year. The only small complaint I have concerns the bed. When you got into it you immediately rolled down to the center. Other than that the room was very nice. Was not bothered wiht any outside noise.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The building on the beach is the best option. All rooms have beach view. It is clean and roomy. Refrigerator, free two bottles of water/daily, microwave is a bonus. These rooms are little expensive than the other rooms which looks to center pool or garden area but it is well worth it if you stay short.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Oznar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Walton Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton B...
#1 of 29 in Fort Walton Beach
Best Western Ft. Walton Beachfront
Best Western Ft. Walton Beachfro...
#2 of 29 in Fort Walton Beach
Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach
Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach
#4 of 29 in Fort Walton Beach
Courtyard Fort Walton Beach-West Destin
Courtyard Fort Walton Beach-West...
#6 of 29 in Fort Walton Beach
Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach-West Destin
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Walt...
#10 of 29 in Fort Walton Beach

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach? Share your experiences!