Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach
Best Western Ft. Walton Beachfront(Fort Walton Beach)(Great Value!)
$212
$198
BestWestern.com
Great 4.5/5
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach(Fort Walton Beach)(Great Value!)
$149
Hotels.com
Great 4.5/5
Comfort Inn and Suites(Fort Walton Beach)(Great Value!)
$132
$103
ComfortInn
Very Good 4/5
$199
$224
Very Good 4/5
Emerald Coast Inn & Suites(Fort Walton Beach)
$80
$78
Good 3.5/5
Courtyard Fort Walton Beach-West Destin(Fort Walton Beach)(Great Value!)
$208
$184
$224
$194
$161
Hotels.com
Good 3.5/5
TownePlace Suites Fort Walton Beach-Eglin AFB(Fort Walton Beach)(Great Value!)
$148
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsfront deskbreakfast buffetcorner suiteocean fronthot tubsplash padfridge and microwaveoceanfront roomprivate balconyoff seasonfishing pierhousekeeping staffbeds were very comfortablean umbrellafamily vacationspring breakpools
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel was magnicifent! We stayed in a beautiful room with a balcony overlooking the wonderful courtyard! Everyone was so welcoming and great the whole time we were there. It was our anniversary, and the hotel suprised us with a bottle of wine and dessert. They really went the extra mile to make things special. The private beach was the best part, by far. LOVED LOVED LOVED this hotel, and will definitely be staying again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We really love staying at the Four Points Sheraton in Fort Walton Beach, FL. We had a gulf view room, which was spacious and had a kitchenette. I had my laptop and had no problem with the internet connection like others stated they did. The view, of course, was beautiful! The courtyard is very nicely landscaped. All of the staff we came in contact with were very friendly. We had a nice lunch at the beachside bar, Kiwi's. They also have a restaurant and bar next to the lobby. And the rates are very reasonable for being on the beach. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2012

In Ft. Walton Beach on business for one night and this hotel popped up as comparably priced to the cookie cutter business traveler hotels far inland. Construction is old but well maintained. Comfortable rooms. In room ethernet worked great. Nice excercise room but the bicycles were not working right. Right on the beach. Excellent staff. Fabulous breakfast buffet. I'll be back for business and also come for vacation.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Pros: Great view. Nice, large room.

Cons: Terrible internet connection. They even have a disclaimer: "Do not try to use your iPad or iPhones, they do not work except in the lobby." My laptop could not connect to their Wifi Router and as ethernet cords are slowly exiting the laptop environment, that isn't a great solution either. As these devices are so prevalent, perhaps a better solution would be to install a few more Wifi routers to address weak signal areas?

Unfortunately using the internet is critical to my business. I can to Starbucks, but want to be able to work from the hotel room throughout the day and evening as a stay here. I wont be able to stay here again in the future because of this.

A couple other things that didn't bother me so much: shower head looks like it broke and they repaired it by swapping it with a really cheap rail system that has already broke. The toilet also was rusty.

Room Tip: Corner suites are the best. Cell phone reception is good, so if you have a Wifi Router via your cellphone you could be in good shape.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I just completed a four night stay at this hotel. Overall I would say that it is not my favorite place but it was tolerable. I'll start with the bad first so that I can end on a positive note. The hotel's wifi is very unreliable, I was staying in the non oceanview portion which honestly was very comparable to a Best Western or worst. The room smelly extremely musty, the pillows were paper thin and the bed was terrible. Additionally, the housekeeping staff (with the exception of one which I'll bring up on the pros) were very unfriendly and rude. I requested a one hour late checkout due to my flight being later into the afternoon, this request was like I was asking for her first born. After she initially told me no, she then called back telling me that just this once she could do it but absolutely only one hour. Well, at the noon check out we had the housekeeping knocking on our door asking us why we were still there! Not once but twice! A co-worker who was also staying there but in the oceanview tower had a roach run across their sink while I was in her room.
Ok, so now the good: We received breakfast buffet vouchers at check in and it was very good. The location is great access to the beach and restaurants. The manager did come by and ask us at the pool how we felt and I mentioned that being in 2012 and not having wifi is very unacceptable, he then went and got a whole crew of workers and eventually one of them made me a print out of all the wifi passwords to further attempt to get work done. At my coworkers room in the ocean tower their was great wifi as well. And finally, the best moment that honestly made me go from two stars to three is that once I checked out and left I realized that I lost my wallet and after searching through all my luggage it may have been in my room, so I drove back and told the staff at the desk and within 5 minutes the head go housekeeping had found it for me!
Overall this hotel does not meet the expectations of Sheraton and is in dire need of some major updating but also met its needs for my business trip in the end.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business