“Nice place to stay right on the beach” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Windermere, Florida
“Nice place to stay right on the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

We stayed there using SPG points for a ocean view suite. This is a mid-range hotel, so you do not get the full service as a higher end hotel, but for its price range, it is an excellent option. The hotel is right on a nice part of the beach. It is a good family environment and there is less foot traffic as there is the "Gulfarium" (whose ugly fence is unfortunately in view to the left, but not a real problem) to one side and a section of beach without a hotel on the other. If you are not on the tower that faces the beach, you may have a garden or even a parking lot view, so getting the ocean view is a good idea. The food at the restaurants is pretty good. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

For what we were looking for, a nice place to take our toddler to the beach, it was a perfect choice.

Room Tip: Go for the ocean view.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank quinella66

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

The location of the hotel can't be beat as it literally is on the beach. We stayed in the building overlooking the ocean and paid a premium over rooms facing the courtyard/gardens or parking lot. It seems the property has been recently refurbished and the rooms are nicely appointed. This is what we did not like: Food is mediocre at best. We ordered room service the first night after a long drive and were very disappointed. Absolutely no finesse. The grilled fish was covered in a thick sauce that could be used as spatula and the 'Palermo' shrimps did not taste like much but came with a ton of angel hair pasta. The seafood bisque was basically overpowered by cream. We also ate at the beach front 'Kiwi' cafe and the food again was a disappointment. Either over or under cooked, prepared without much love. The breakfast buffet was 'passable' at best with lots of starch and stodgy items... Some more fresh fruit, etc. would be nice. Coffee was luke warm. The new energy efficient light bulbs are extremely bright and getting somewhat a dim atmosphere to read or just chill is hard to attain if one feels like sitting in a floodlit stadium. Lower wattage for at least the bedside lights would improve that a lot.

Room Tip: Choose the beach front rooms if you can afford it.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank AtlantaTravelPro
st pete
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Clean, bright, beautiful, with Outstanding customer service. These folks took great care of us on our visit. We were married on the beach there and the service personnel couldn't have been more helpful. We had a "wardrobe malfunction" minutes before our ceremony and one of the young ladies at the front desk was able to assist my new bride with her issue. I wish I would have gotten her name. Our room was waterfront and we were lulled to sleep by the surf every night. The property was well maintained and close to many restaurants, bars, and such. I would have liked to have tried the restaurants on the premises but didn't get the chance. I certainly will next time. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank StPeteRaz
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

I choosed the Four points by Sheraton because it is the only Starwood property in the area of Destin/Fort Walton Beach and I had always good experience with Starwood.

I had a nice and very clean room with a comfortable bed.
The whole outdoor facility was beautiful and clean.
I did not had a chance to use the gym/pool but it was looking very clean and inviting.
The Hotel is also good located in front of the Beach and with a car its very easy to go to Destin.

The breakfast buffet was fine and budget-priced. But we were three people sitting on one table ordering orange juice and the waitress served us two orange juices and told us that this is the last what they have and they will get more orange juice tomorrow because of a delayed delivery.

The whole hotel is also very smoker unfriendly. I have understanding that the hotel rooms and restaurants are 100% smoke free areas but it was a disapointment that it was not allowed to smoke on the balcony or in the courtyard. The only smoking areas that I found were at the Hotel parking area.

I really enjoyed my stay except the unprofessional check in and the unfriendly staff at the Front desk and that I was the one without my morning orange juice during my breakfast. I am not sure if I will stay here again thats why my rating is average.

Room Tip: Oceanview room!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank mc_alexis
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

Its a nice hotel with decent facilities and my room in the beach tower has a great view. As I sit here in my room, however, I am unable to order room service because nobody picks up the phone. It has been like that for a half an hour. I called the front desk and they transferred me which did not solve the problem. I called the front desk again and they said the phone was broken and tried to transfer me again but I declined since this did it seem to be a solution to the problem. An appropriate response, especially the second time, would be to take my room number and have someone from room service call me. That type of simple problem solving isn't just for five star hotels. When a business person has work to do, it is not always practical to hang on the phone line for half an hour or be forced to go across the campus to the restaurant. I'll give them the phone from my room if they can't find one to replace the one in the room service area...UPDATE: I just called again and someone picked up then promptly hung up the phone. I called again and they answered and took my order. It only took 45 minutes to order breakfast!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank SKFemor
Rock Island, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

I was at the hotel for a business trip. The staff was very accomodating. I especially commend Ingrid (the executive housekeeper) for retrieving a forgotten bag from my room and mailing it back to me. I checked out of the hotel Friday morning and received the forgotten bag in the mail the following Monday.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Luv2Paint913
Bridgeton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Parking is horrible, there are not enough spaces. There is no office space in the lobby ---only one computer---very inconvenient. Not many place to eat. Next time will stay in Destin

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Walton Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton B...
#2 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 412 reviews
BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfront
BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfro...
#1 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 1,065 reviews
Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach
Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach
#4 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 577 reviews
Courtyard Fort Walton Beach-West Destin
Courtyard Fort Walton Beach-West...
#12 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 29 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walt...
#3 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 494 reviews
Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach? Share your experiences!