“Staff was A+, beaches are wonderful- rooms need some attention”

Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Ft Myers, FL
“Staff was A+, beaches are wonderful- rooms need some attention”
Reviewed December 27, 2007

First the good - The beaches in this area are absolutely gorgeous. They are wide, the water is clear and the sand is soft and clean. Any hotel room that has a view of these beaches has an automatic advantage. The staff at this hotel are all superb. Everyone we had any contact with was professional, helpful and downright nice.
We only ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant but found it to be fresh, well-cooked and reasonably priced for a hotel. The buffet was $8.50 adults, 3 and under free, $4-5 for older kids.

The hotel rooms were a reasonable size, the beds were very comfortable and the towels and sheets were above average in quality.

They say the devil is in the details and if so that would be where you would find this hotel's weaknesses. While attention was paid to the overall room appearance there were details that could have used some help. Some of the cabinet doors were hanging crooked and therefore wouldn't shut completely. The room refrigerator had rust spots inside and did not seem to cool very well. It was small things like this that detracted from the room quality. Perhaps not a big deal overall but enough to make me think twice before booking another stay.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — room details
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
5 Thank GO4FunFL
GaryJoh, Gary Johnson, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach, responded to this review, January 26, 2008
It's great to receive great reviews such as yours and we thank you so much for that. But it is equally important to hear of areas such as you described in some of the details that are still a very important part of a guests overall experience.

With our renovation complete, we wexpect a tremendous upcoming season as our hotel facility is frequently ranked in the Top Ten for Four Points Hotels.

Best Wishes
Gary Johnson, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
Moore, OK
Reviewed November 9, 2007

First of all let me start by saying the stay for me ended up being a moritfying experience. After a long hard day at work I went to my room and upon entering found myself needing to use the restroom. While sitting on my toilet, my door opens, as someone other than the maid was entering my room. While standing there she stated the room was hers, despite the fact I had been there since the 31st of Oct and this was the 6th of November. She promptly left the room leaving the door ajar which left me open for viewing from the parking lot. I contact ed the front desk but they seemed unable to determine what had happened at that point. I wasn't pleased with the conversation and headed straight to the front desk. It was then explained to me that the desk clerk and checked in a guest, with the same last name, into the same room. The clerk didn't look at anything other than the last name!!!!!!! I also had an abundance of roaches in my room and would have gone unnoticed as I'm normally in an Ambien induced state at 12:30 a.m. but had chosen not to take one with an early departure from Ft. Walton.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — many things
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
GaryJoh, Gary Johnson, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach, responded to this review, November 12, 2007
First, my apologies for the human error (front desk) that took place. We strive to be perfect but in this case we fell short and do sincerely regret the incident as you described it. I am glad that our MOD resolved the matter to your satisfaction as I hope you will return to visit us again, best wishes Gary
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 11, 2007

First of all the service and attentiveness was fantastic at Four Points. Although the hotel does not have a business center, the front desk person (Nuray) went out of her way to help me. We need more friendly people like her in the hotel business. Only negative was the water (plumbing) was turned off at 9:30 am on a Sunday for several hours. We did not know this until we checked in and saw the notice on the elevator doors as we were going up to our room. The least the management could have done was notified their customers via email, phone, etc......that the water was going to be turned off......I'm quite sure this was an isolated situation. In any case, the overall stay was good. Bekki in the restaurant gave us good service and was attentive to our needs.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cactus7
GaryJoh, Gary Johnson, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach, responded to this review, October 16, 2007
Greetings,

Thank you for the favorable review for our associates and hotel over-all. We do apologize for you and other guests being inconvenienced on Sunday morning. Unfortunately, we did have a major water line go out and repairs were made as quickly as possible. We made the decision not to call the rooms but rather post signs because historically on Sunday's our guest sleep-in and to wake them up could have the opposite effect of notifying them of the water issue. To email them would not be effective as many do not register thier email with us. Again thank you for your business and we invite you back so that we can better serve you. Best Wishes, Gary
Atlanta
Reviewed July 29, 2007

As a suburban, middle class couple from Atlanta, we had a sinking feeling as we entered the parking lot. The exterior of this hotel looks like a seedy two-story motel you'd see along dimly lighted streets. It literally took us ten minutes to find the registration desk.

However, the room was large, clean and very well appointed, the bed was a true king, the granite shower was a nice touch and the interior courtyard was inviting. Free Internet access was a plus and the short walk onto the beach was convenient.

When you check in, ask if your room is on the exterior or interior...you probably won't enjoy the view of the parking lot.

I can't imagine why they haven't put more effort into the exterior look of the property but once renovations are completed this will be a very nice place to stay.

• Liked — granite shower
  • Disliked — exterior
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank atlanta4909
GaryJoh, Gary Johnson, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach, responded to this review, August 20, 2007
Dear Atlanta
That's what we like to hear.....Thank you for sharing as I will share your review with our associates. the front entrance did take longer than expected but has finally been completed. The exterior parking lot landscaping package will start soon. We are pleased and hear many favorable comments about our new courtyard tropical landscaping that was put in this year as well as our new beach boardwalk. Come back to see us anytime, best wishes, Gary

Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 26, 2007

My family of four stayed at the Four Points Sheraton the week of July 22nd and were very happy. They have one tall building with ocean front rooms, and another two story building with the garden view rooms. We stayed in the garden view room with a balcony overlooking the pool. Although only two stories, they still had interior corridors. It was surprisingly tranquil, I hardly heard any noise from the pool. The room looked to have been updated recently as well. The propery itself is located right next door to the Gulfarium and the Boardwalk. One thing to note is that they are doing construction on the lobby area so it is a mess outside. The week we went, it was blocked off and you had to use a side entrance but I didn't notice any noise from my room. I saw a sign that said they are building their own boardwalk as well. There is a restaurant and bar on site but we never went to either. They have two pools, one shallow with a view of the ocean, and another larger pool that goes to 8ft with a hot tub nearby. Beach access is right down the cobblestone walkway and there is an umbrella/equipment rental guy right there at the end. We never had a problem finding a spot, it wasn't crowded at all during our stay. The beaches are gorgeous, white sand and turqoise water. We've been to many beaches on the Atlantic, Pacific and the Gulf and this is by far one of the prettiest. Destin was an easy drive over the bridge but beware of the constant traffic. I will definitely stay here again if we return to the area.

Stayed July 2007
4 Thank gumballmachine
GaryJoh, Gary Johnson, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach, responded to this review, August 15, 2007
Dear missalicia, Louisville, KY
Your review will be shared with all our associates as they are the one's who really make things happen for us. you will be glad to know that we have finished the front entrance/lobby area and it turned out even better than we had planned. We apologize for the construction but as you know, contractors have thier own schedules and sometimes it does present a problem. You are so right, our beaches are spectacular and we actually own the portion between our tower and the Gulf. Best Wishes, Gary
Comer, GA
Reviewed July 23, 2007

My family & I stayed at the Four Points Sheraton in Fort Walton Beach, Florida the week of July 4, 2007. Our room was very clean and comfortable. The cleaning staff did an excellent job. One of the things I like about this hotel is they provide you with beach towels. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. When I originally booked my vacation I was quoted one rate. I called back at a later date and asked the manager if the price I was quoted was the best they could do and I was told "no". The manager lowered my rate approximately $30 per night! That is great customer service.

• Liked — Very clean & comfortable room.
  • Disliked — Need to install slip proof mats in the bathtubs.
  • Stayed July 2007
4 Thank GAGirl28
Dear GAGirl28
We hope you make this an annual event for you and your family. We have so many repeat guests year after year for just the reasons you mentioned. Thanks again and we look forward to meeting you same time next July 4th or sooner. Best Wishes, Gary

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2007

We stayed in Four Points as a group on business and loved the place. Despite ongoing renovations due to Katrina the rooms were clean, spacious and well equipped, and hotel surrounds well kept, the sea views are fantastic and the staff super friendly, particularly John the barman and Angie on reception. Within walking distance are a good range of restaurants and bars and the Florida Gulfarium next door. Destin was a about a $12-20 cab ride away so a car would be a definate advantage staying here if you plan on seeing the local area. Public transport was none existant. We also stayed at the Ramada next door, although it looks nicer the rooms were a lot smaller and there was generaly less of an atmosphere about the place.
I hope to visit Four Points again given a chance.

• Liked — Staff, Sea views
  • Disliked — Leaving
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank MaxReheat
Dear MaxReheat
We are honored to have guests from the United Kingdom. We appreciate your comments referencing our property and our staff members by name. Best Wishes, Gary
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Walton Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton B...
#1 of 29 in Fort Walton Beach
Best Western Ft. Walton Beachfront
Best Western Ft. Walton Beachfro...
#2 of 29 in Fort Walton Beach
Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach
Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach
#4 of 29 in Fort Walton Beach
Courtyard Fort Walton Beach-West Destin
Courtyard Fort Walton Beach-West...
#8 of 29 in Fort Walton Beach
Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walt...
#3 of 29 in Fort Walton Beach

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach? Share your experiences!