“Completely unexpected--It was amazing!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach

Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Saint Joseph
“Completely unexpected--It was amazing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

As a member of the Starwood Preferred Guest Program, we knew it would be a good hotel. We were pleasantly surprised at how beautiful the grounds were landscaped. The hotel staff was knowledgable and pleasant; they upgraded us to a family suite which was amazing!!

Room Tip: Be an SPG; request beach or courtyard view
  • Stayed May 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
lexington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

Everything about the Sheraton is excellent! We have stayed there for the past 12 years. We have looked at other hotels in the area and have found the Sheraton to be the best!
The rooms are always clean - the beach view is fantastic! Room service is second to none! The beach service is also excellent! We have enjoyed our conversations with Landon - and he has given us tips on local restaurants & things to do. All in all - a wonderful experience every year!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

We stayed at the Four Points Destin for one night. Like other reviews, we found the staff to be very friendly and accommodating. Prior to arriving, I called with a question and Courtney answered. She was in training and didn't know the answer, but found out quickly. Nice effort on her part. We checked in late during the shift change and both the arriving and departing front desk agents dropped what they were doing to help us immediately. Both of them were engaging and helpful.

We had a drink at the bar and again, the bartender was friendly and chatted with us about the area. The next morning, we had coffee in the restaurant and the manager spoke with us for a few moments, inviting us back the next time we were in town.

Physcially, the hotel is adequate. The gym looked useable and included free weights. The public space was clean. The pool area and gardens were well tended and clean as well. The guest room was adequately appointed. The hotel looks to be built quite a while back, and some of that simply can't be fixed. The renovation looks to be 3-5 years old. We didn't use any of the beach amenities so we can't speak to that. Overall, it's a very decent moderately priced hotel with a great staff. We would return.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

My husband and I were down for a conference and this hotel was picked for us. We could not have been happier. The staff in the hotel was so lovely, had lots of information for good meals and places to go. The place was so clean and you are only steps from a beautiful beach.

Room Tip: If you have kids, the Gulfarium is next door.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

I thank Gary & all of his staff especially the people that worked in the hotel for breakfast I just had a fantastic time & dont know how to thank all of you for everything & having such a nice & relaxing vacation.

Room Tip: We had 2nd floor on the end.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Bossier City, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

When I checked in I felt as if I was being treated like royalty. The ladies behind the counter treated me like I was the only guest they had and they were completely devoted to ensuring the assigned room was to my liking and that I was comfortable with where things were.

Maid service was consistently good and the rooms I had were exactly what I had asked for. Several weeks after my departure I realized I had left behind several items of clothing. Originally I wasn't too concerned, as the items were replaceable. Almost two months later I discovered additional items that I must have left behind, some of them irreplaceable. I called the hotel and asked if any items had been turned in when the maids cleaned the room. Housekeeping promised to look and to get back to me. They were upfront in that it might not be until the next day. Ms Eaton called and confirmed that some items had been turned in and matched my descriptions. The items were in the mail within two days and I received within 4. Not only were all my items returned, but other items I hadn't even missed yet were included in the package. I was elated as several of those items were also irreplaceable.

Outstanding customer service before, during and after the stay.

Room Tip: Use Starwood Preferred membership for upgrades
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
countindayz
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

Oh my gosh, what a fantastic surprise! After just returning from a vacation at a 5 star resort, I wasn't expecting much for this stay, but boy was I pleasantly surprised. I think this hotel is fantastic. The front desk and grounds crew were nothing but delightful and helpful and completely available. The room was lovely and the few of the ocean was breathtaking. This room had more things that I needed more then the room at the 5 star hotel! Great air conditioning, fridge for water, beds, strong signal for wireless, large bathroom, comfortable sheets and generous with amenities. I will only stay HERE when I return. I was only here for two nights and felt completely safe and like part of a family. I slept wonderfully and loved every second. I really appreciated the free buffet breakfast, free bottle of water and cocktail. Thank you, Four Point! I'll be back next month :)

Room Tip: Be polite and become a SPG member!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Walton Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton B...
#2 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 442 reviews
No photo provided
BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfro...
#1 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 1,091 reviews
Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach
Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach
#4 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 604 reviews
Courtyard Fort Walton Beach-West Destin
Courtyard Fort Walton Beach-West...
#11 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 34 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walt...
#3 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 506 reviews
Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach? Share your experiences!