“Mixed - great location, but a bit run down”

Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Reviewed April 1, 2011

We stayed at the Four Points for 6 days over spring break. With 2 adults and 2 teenagers, we opted for the (much more expensive) beach-view suite. Thank goodness we did because the courtyard rooms seemed very low-end for a Sheraton! On the plus side: the suite was spacious and had a truly fabulous balcony + view; the staff was friendly and helpful, and the pools were nice and you couldn't beat the access to the nice beach! On the minus side: the beds were awful (all of us had horrible back-aches the whole week!); the restaurant was a longish walk from the rooms, and there were very few amenities (for example, I only saw the grill by the pool open once the whole week we were there), no wireless internet, and it was pretty expensive. If I were to do it again, I'd look into the newer resorts nearby or perhaps a condo for the $$.

Reviewed March 28, 2011

This was my families second stay at Four Points Sheraton and it was wonderful both times. It was the beginning of Spring Break for my kids and we hadn't planned on going anywhere but on Sunday afternoon we started talking about where we could go and by Sunday evening we were on the road to Destin. Fortunately for us we were able to book 2 nights here. We had a courtyard view room and was right by the pool. Just down the path and across the bridge is the beach. What a wonderful time we had and look forward to going back. Could only be better if I could of stayed longer.

Reviewed March 26, 2011

Been here many times and there is a reason I always return. Typical spring break on the coast for the four of us, but after driving and looking to just sack out for awhile, the first room smelled of a spilled drink. Ok, so after eating out for dinner, we stop by the front desk and they move us up two floors. No problem. So, we move in and get settled. The next day, I have to send in a presentation and work from my laptop, but the internet doesn't work in this room (this hotel uses wired internet). So, I sit in the lobby for 2 or 3 hours and get my work done finally at midnight. The night clerk is shocked that I was in there doing this and asked that I write down my plight for the general manager. I did, and he promptly called me the next morning. He apologized and upgraded us to a suite that was next door (easy to move between rooms and it had internet). Problems solved for the remainder of the trip and we were free to enjoy the nice weather and great sandy beach. As long as problems are solved and the buck is not passed, we will happily continue to come here, as we have for ten years now. Good job by the general manager and night clerk.

1  Thank MyTime19
Reviewed March 23, 2011

During Spring Break I traveled with my kids and best friend to Fort Walton Beach for vacation. We reserved a Family Suite at the Fort Points by Sheraton. We were instantly greeted with excellent customer service from Krystle at the Front Desk! In addition, we were allowed to check in early. Our room was very spacious, had an excellent beach view, enough room for everyone and the kids loved it! Any request we had was immediately attended to by the Staff. We will return to this hotel only each time we visit Fort Walton/Destin. Thanks Krystle for the restaurant (& drinks) suggestions! You are AWESOME!!!

Reviewed March 23, 2011

When i arrived i immediatly felt comfortable. The staff ( especially joey and manager in the lounge) were the friendliest folks ive met at a hotel in years. they treated us like old friends not new customers. from the detail to the cleanlieness of the property and rooms. It was an amazing time. The beach was righ out my back porch to view and a short ride in the elevator to the beach level. Highest compliments to your staff and management. Thank you again!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2011

The staff at this Hotel is great. During my stay I left my wallet in my room and didn't notice it until I'd driven home. The hotel staff sent Tanya to my room and she found it and secured it in housekeeping. Later I received a call from Ingrid Eaton who explained everything was there and she had it put and would overnite to me Monday. All this went on during spring break. Which I can only imagine how busy they all were. Thank you for the pesonal attention that was give to me. Not only during my stay but after I left. That's service. Thanks Again
Edward Gately

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2011

My wife and I stayed at The Sheraton for a few days during spring break, we were very pleased with the hotel. The location of the hotel makes the beach more private because of where it is positioned check it out on google earth. We were looking for a quiet place to relax on the beach without the crowds. This hotel fit what were looking for exactly. Every staff member we came in contact with was first rate. We actually talked with the general manager several times as he was walking the hotel grounds. The general manager seemed very hands on with his approach to running the hotel and property first time I have ever seen this from hotel/resort management anywhere. Tonya serviced our room each day always ready to help and make your stay was as good as possible. The breakfast each day was really good and meant we did have to leave the property for breakfast. The building is a little dated but the grounds are awesome and everything else I mentioned way outweighs the building and makes it not a factor. Definitely will want to visit Fort Walton again and stay here.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple