WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Short Hills, New Jersey, United States
“A very good choice,”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

My husband, adult daughter and I stayed at this hotel for a long weekend in January. The beachfront location is quite spectacular! The weather was cool, but we took a long walk along the pristine beach and enjoyed the beautiful sunset on the gulf. The hotel was reasonably priced, the room was clean and the staff was attentive and very helpful. When we checked in, our room was upgraded to an oceanfront room with a balcony. Very generous and fortunate for us! I do not disagree with other reviewers that it could benefit from a bit of updating, but this was not important to us. Breakfast was complimentary and was comparable to that offered by other hotel brands. All in all, we were quite satisfied with our stay at the Best Western Beachfront.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Toni R, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfront, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank You for your review on your recent stay with us. It was our pleasure to serve you. We appreciate the kind comments and look forward to your next visit with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

We booked this hotel at the last minute for a wedding. We were looking to get the Hampton Inn down the road, but was full. Needless to say, I was extremely happy we chose this hotel. I know people have complained about the need for updating, but come on, its on the beach, at a great price, with some of best people in the industry. We had a great time, we will stay again. I am more of a Tampa person, but when I do get back this way, this is my spot.
I would stay here if its your first time, it has a great location, with a great price.

PS Thanks to all the staff who made our trip a blast. Look forward to coming back and hanging out.

Room Tip: Beachside, top floor, all I have to say.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Aaron K
Toni R, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfront, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank You so much for the lovely review on your recent stay with us. It was our pleasure to serve you. We look forward to your next visit!!
DFW, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

1st I booked another hotel inland. decided to spend another $10 a night and stay on beach...SOOOO GLAD I DID! Chloe, my checkin receptionist greeted me with a warm smile. online booking only gave me a king bed room for accessible. told Chloe I really didn't need that, i'll take regular king room..she looked to see what she can do and, noticed I wasn't a best western rewards member and told me if I join she can move me to a beach view room...well nothing to think about there....SURE!. (I checked in super bowl sunday) then she told me that they are having a superbowl party at the their bar with free finger foods and snake and beer specials...again nothing to think about there.. Well I was going to go to APPLEBEE'S but i'm STAYYING HERE NOW! well the finger food was more like "potluck foods" lots of different food (AND IT WAS FREE). hotdogs, meatballs, queso, cheese, etc. too much to mention..needless to say had a GREAT TIME!!! they truly TREATED YOU LIKE FAMILY!! (game kinda sucked but still enjoyed the company). I would go the the lobby and talk to chloe and she would not only listen but have a converstion with me...maybe she was bored but that doesn't matter...lol I MAY GO BACK FOR NEXT YEAR SUPERBOWL GAME-- HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!! and if you get there before I do say hi to CHLOE for me..... ROB

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Toni R, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfront, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank You for your lovely review of our hotel during your recent stay! We appreciate all the kind remarks about Chloe and it was our pleasure to serve you. Glad you enjoyed our Super Bowl event, we look forward to seeing you there next year!
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

this hotel has clean linens, nice staff and a wonderful location, the breakfast is not great (are the eggs real?) but offers good coffee and some recognizable items.. despite it's attempt at charm it is extremely dated with a great need for carpeting and updates in the rooms, I would say for business ,it's a good value, but for families I would not recommend it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Toni R, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfront, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank You for your review on your recent stay with us. We appreciate the kind remarks about our team. Your feedback is very valuable to us. We do hope that you will come and visit with us, sometime in the near future.
Winchester, KY, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

Very reasonable rates for a high quality establishment. My room was oceanfront with balcony- perfect. They have no=view rooms cheaper but still with private beach. Service was excellent. TV blew one evening-replaced immediately by very friendly, helpful guy.Staff very kind, friendly, and helpful.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Toni R, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfront, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank You for your review on your recent stay with us. It was our pleasure to serve you. We look forward to your next visit!
Lucedale, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

Quiet hotel right on the beach. Great rate with gulf view. Wonderful bed with 6 pillows, great water pressure. Only downside was a weak wireless internet signal. *()^%$#@!.!! I can not come up with anything else to meet the minimum characters.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Toni R, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfront, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank You for your review on your recent stay with us. We really appreciate the great feedback. Our apologies on your difficulty with the internet connection. It was our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to your next visit with us.
Brooksville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Room was superclean, bed was comfortable, breakfast was delicious. Every member of the staff that we encountered (including the room service personnel) was friendly and helpful! We had an amazing view of the beach on our private balcony. The lobby was decorated with beautiful colorful glass vases and interesting maps. I have been telling all my friends about this hotel and will continue to recommend it to anyone I hear will be traveling to the Panhandle! I truly hope to be able to stay here again in the future!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Eileen H
Toni R, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfront, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank You for the lovely review on your recent stay with us. We appreciate the kind remarks about the team and the hotel. We will be waiting to see you on your next visit with us!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Walton Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton B...
#2 of 28 in Fort Walton Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Destin- ...
#6 of 28 in Fort Walton Beach
Courtyard Fort Walton Beach-West Destin
Courtyard Fort Walton Beach-West...
#10 of 28 in Fort Walton Beach
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walt...
#3 of 28 in Fort Walton Beach
Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach
Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach
#5 of 28 in Fort Walton Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Destin

Been to BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfront? Share your experiences!