All reviews room key card hot options small outdoor pool limited ocean view the breakfast area sofa bed small hotel would stay here again zero entry first floor spacious rooms thin walls small fridge last minute trip short drive in great shape our entire stay
Selected filters
Reviewed March 24, 2019

Headed to the GulfCoast for a brief stay - wanted to be on the beach. All staff we encountered were great. Nice breakfast, nothing fancy. Steps away from the beach. Secure area with key card required to get to upper floors. Nice, clean hotel. Lots of good parking, several covered spots.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 16, 2019

My wife and I stayed at the Fairfield Inn, Ft. Walton Beach West at the end of January thinking it would be a nice quiet few days at the beach. We often have trouble sleeping and sometimes need to sleep late in the mornings. We will forgo our free breakfast in order to get the sleep we need. At this hotel around 9am the first morning, there was continuous door banging by the housekeeping staff all morning long. They would use the security bar to keep the door from closing and this created a reverberating Bang-bang. The sound could even be heard from other floors. I mentioned this to the front desk later that day, and they said they would mention this to the house keeping manager so they could discuss with the staff the next morning.
The next morning, the banging started even earlier, at 8am, and continued through the morning. We had planned on staying longer but decided we needed to move on. As we were leaving I mentioned this to one of the housekeeping staff who was working on our floor, and she said nothing about it was mentioned during the morning meeting. As we checked out, I again brought it up to the same front desk person and was told that the housekeeping manager was informed of my complaint. I also mentioned that the couch in our room had a bad urine smell that we didn’t notice until the second night when we were watching TV. I would not recommend this hotel unless you are always an early riser or a very sound sleeper, and don’t expect meaningful action if there is a problem. In our experience, most Marriott properties show more interest in customer satisfaction. Also as a Platinum Supreme rewards member, this is the first time I have had to call Marriott to get points for a stay credited to my account...Hmmm.

Room tip: There are only a couple of rooms on the end facing the ocean.
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
SouthBoxer, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach-West Destin, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2019

Good afternoon,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach-West Destin. Your feedback lets us know where we’ve gotten it right, and where we can improve.
We pride ourselves on delivering a positive and memorable hotel experience, yet we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your visit. Please accept my sincere apology for the noise disturbances. I can appreciate how frustrating it must have been, and I am truly sorry.
Certainly, our guests can have very different sleep schedules from one another. I have personally reminded our Housekeeping Manager and Leaders to insure that we working as quietly as possible so as not to disturb our guests who sleep into daylight hours.
I know you have options, but chose to stay with us. I’m sorry we weren’t able to provide a more relaxing stay.
Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Fort Walton Beach.
SHANNON SCOTT

Reviewed March 4, 2019 via mobile

Nice room. Thin walls and it isn’t Spring break yet. Carpet in elevators stink. Put tile in the elevators!!!! It’s the beach for goodness sake! Excellent complimentary breakfast for a mid grade motel chain. Quieter beach than Destin but minutes from everything. Excellent and friendly staff. Everyone of them.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2019 via mobile

But one of the few on the beach properties with no balconies. Complimentary breakfast is average for the brand. Plenty of parking. Clean and recently appeared to have been updated. Outdoor pool is popular-even in February.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2019

I was here on business travelling so have a different view than someone coming for leisure. Was the best hotel of the 4000 mile trip, it's a nice modern hotel, quiet, with above average breakfast. Rooms were just what I needed, TV was good, internet good. Front desk is A+. Not in walking distance of anything convenient, so you'll have to drive across the bridge for nearby restaurants, etc.

Date of stay: February 2019