“In need of renovation” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 31 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Walt Disney World, Florida
“In need of renovation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

More like a motel than hotel. Rooms are clean but furniture is old. Best thing they have memory foam beds so slept really well. Only a fridge and microveave- no coffee maker.

Room Tip: Call the hotel direct for even lower rates.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank notgonnasay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Starke, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Aug. 26-28, 2011

Undoubtedly we didn't stay in the same place you reviewed! We made our reservations
only two days before we planned to arrive. When we arrived, a middle-aged man greeted
us very warmly, checked us in and advised us where the room was. (Luckilly for us it
was on the main floor.)

When we got to the room, it was very clean - large beds and all was very welcoming.
Everything was very clean - micro and refrigerator provided. We could not have
asked for anything more unless we paid much much more the accomodations.

I had heard that there was renovations done recently - perhaps this was after
you stayed there.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Southaven, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

This hotel told me they were beach front. If you consider having to walk across 5 lanes of traffic. The manger is a complete jurk, the lady i was with had to use the rest room. The manger said he didnt have a restroom down stairs. You could see the bathroom cleary from the desk,when i ask him if she could use that one.....his responce its not for anybody but people behind the desk. I explaned she had a medical reason to use it quickly...he said have to go to your room to use it. Got to the room holes in the walls ,no coffee maker,fridge didnt cool at all........and the carpet had some kind of stain on it good lord only knows what that is. Please dont stay here!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank stylie123

Travelers are raving about these Fort Walton Beach hotels

Chatsworth, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

My husband and I went down for our sons wedding and arrived at 10p.m. the night of check-in that should have been our first clue . The man at the front desk was obviously very irrirtated by our presence and didn't mind letting us know. We had booked online and pre paid and were exhausted from the 7 hr. drive or we would have demanded a refund and went elsewhere and he continued the next day by telling my husband that our exhaust damages his trees,so sorry we drove a diesel. The room stank ,the furniture was broke and the carpet was old and dirty. We did stay the 3 days that we booked but stayed away as much as possible. We decided to stay an extra day and we booked at the motel 6 in destin . The furniture was nice the room was clean and the staff was great for half the price.

Room Tip: book elsewhere.
1 Thank anita99x
Pascagoula, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Spur of the moment trip to Big Kahunas-Destin July 22-24, 2011. With no vacancies at all other hotels, my last resort was this Crappy Hotel Regency Inn-Fort Walton Beach. Every part of management was beyond rude completely arrogant. The rooms reeked of a musty smell that Febreeze could not rid. When I returned to the room Saturday evening the maid had not serviced my room. When I inquired to the owner/front desk, he advised me that he did not care and that he was not cleaning my “Damn” room (In his own words”) that he could only give me clean towels. He refused to give me clean sheet so that I could clean my own room.We had a verbal altercation and the cops were called. He refused to give me a refund and I refused to leave without it. If you are reviewing this take heed. Do yourself a favor, add $40 plus to the $120 you will pay for this room and get yourself a clean, fresh and comfortable room down the street. I do not recommend this hotel to the dogs.

1 Thank takishahawkins
Troy, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

We booked this room last minute after reading on another site that it was beachfront. It is not it is a 2.5 mile drive to the nearest beach. We arrived after 8 to check in and had to talk with a woman in her PJs through a tiny window. She did not even bother hanging up her cell phone. The room was tiny and very dirty. The bathroom door came within a centimeter of the toilet and my husband could not sit on the toilet straight because the tub was so close. Sirens started going off around 730am and all the woman at the front desk (still in her PJs and through the same little window) would say was check the TV. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else!

1 Thank doolsmommie
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights they kept our room clean didn't have a problem with the staff or showers and the floors was clean too me! I have learned u can't believe everything you read. If you looking for a hotel like the hamptons then you should book the hamptons. Me and my family enjoyed this hotel!

• Stayed July 2011
Marina Bay Resort
#11 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 174 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Walton Beach Northwest
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#13 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 60 reviews

Been to Regency Inn Fort Walton? Share your experiences!